Top 8 Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore With Placement
Are you looking for financial modeling courses in Singapore? Well! if yes, then you have got to the right place. The majority of students search for professional courses that will help them improve their financial skills. In a market full of high competition, what could matter more than having those skills with the number of degrees that one possesses?
Financial modeling is an effective method for evaluating a company’s financial performance. It entails creating a mathematical model for analyzing financial statements and making sound decisions. Financial modeling is used in a wide range of financial sectors, including investment banks, equity research, credit rating agencies, mutual funds, financial KPOs, and finance firms.
As a result, it’s no surprise that financial modeling skills are in high demand among financial professionals. Short supply and high demand have emphasized the importance of acquiring financial skills for anyone interested in working in the finance industry. Whether you are a new or experienced financial analyst, there are a plethora of online courses available to help you expand your knowledge of financial modeling.
What is Financial Modeling?
A financial model is a management forecast for a real-world financial situation. It is a mathematical model designed to summarize the performance of a company or a project. Financial models are frequently used to make a variety of strategic decisions. To create a financial model, one must be familiar with operations, budgeting, accounting, valuation, and spreadsheet programming.
A financial model considers operational metrics like inflation, timing, revenues, capital investment, and operating expenditures. The model examines how changes in one or more inputs affect outputs such as cash flow, ROI, and payback period. This enables leaders to quantify a business decision and determine resources, stakeholders, and policies to apply to a project.
To get started, enroll in one of these financial modeling courses for certifications, classes, and training. These courses include Excel modeling, project finance modeling, real estate financial modeling, and valuation courses.
Types of Financial Models
While there are numerous types of financial models. We will outline the top ten most commonly used models in corporate finance by financial modeling professionals in this article.
Three Statement Model
The three-statement model is the most basic financial modeling structure. It includes three statements – income statement, balance sheet, and the cash flow linked with excel formulas. The goal of this model is to connect all the accounts to get assumptions to input changes in the model. This requires a solid background in accounting, finance, and Excel.
DCF or Discounted Cash Flow
The Discounted Cash flow model is built on the three-statement model by calculating the Net Present Value (NPV) of a company’s cash flow. This type of financial model is used in equity research and capital markets.
The merger model also known as M &A is a more sophisticated model that uses the proforma of a merger or acquisition. The model is most frequently used in investment and corporate banking.
Initial Public Offering Model (IPO)
This model is used by investment bankers and corporate professionals to develop IPO models to value the company before going public. The IPO model combines a comparison of analysis on assuming how much an investor is willing to pay for the company.
Leveraged Buyout Model (LBO)
This model is more complex and challenging than all financial models. There are many layers of financing required to create circular references and entail cash flow. The LBO models are not very commonly used in equity and investment banking.
The Consolidation Model
This model integrates multiple businesses into a single model. This model is similar to our next model- The sum of the parts model where group A and group b are added to create a new worksheet.
Sum of the Parts Model
This model is created by combining the discounted cash flow (DCF)model followed by any additional components of the business that might be appropriate for a DCF analysis.
This model is used to make financial planning and analysis by professionals to prepare a financial budget for the next year. The budget models are predicted on quarterly to monthly figures and place a strong emphasis on the income statement.
Option Pricing Model
The option pricing models are mathematical models that use specific variables to calculate an option’s average values. The option pricing models help in determining the market value of an option. Finance Managers adjust their trading strategies if they have this estimated market value of an option.
Forecasting models are used by businesses to predict sales, supply-demand, consumer behavior. These models are especially useful in the fields of sales and marketing. Businesses use a variety of forecasting methods that provide various levels of information. The purpose of using this model is to have a visual reference of the expected outcome.
You can also check out the best Financial Modeling Courses in Malaysia
Top 8 Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore With Fees and Placements
|1.||Financial Modeling Course||SGD |
|3 Months||IIM SKILLS|
|2.||Practical Financial Modeling and Valuation||SGD 1712/-||2 days||SMU Academy|
|3.||Data Technologies for Financial Modeling||SGD 1378/-||6 Months||Singapore University of Social Sciences|
|4.||Financial Modeling for Marketing Decisions||SGD 680/-||1 Day||MIS – Marketing Institute of Singapore|
|5.||Financial Modelling in Excel Course||SGD 789.97/-||2 Days||Knowles Training Institute|
|6.||Excel Financial Modelling Course for Beginners||SGD 450/-||1 Day||Nexacu|
|7.||Financial Modelling – Fundamentals||SGD 1070/-||Not Available||AMT Training|
|8.||Financial Modelling Course||SGD 568/-||3 Months||IMS Pro school|
1. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore – IIM SKILLS
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course
IIM SKILLS offers the most promising online skill development courses which can be accessed from anywhere in the world. With these course programs, you can make smarter career decisions based on your preferences. If you are looking for financial modeling courses in Singapore, IIM SKILLS should be your first choice.
They are known for the best online courses and are leading in skill development courses across the world. They have industrial specialized mentors to train their students. They offer free accessible tools to their students. The students get full support during and after the completion of the course.
Students in IIM SKILLS are offered practical learning experiences so that they are well-trained for practical knowledge. They offer assured job placements with well-known and reputed companies.
Module 1 – Learn Basic and Advanced Excel Skills
- Introduction and Understanding of Ribbon
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Use of VLOOKUP and Index
- Validation of Data
- Table Functions
- Pivot- Tables, Slicers, and Charts
- Charts and Graphs
- Sensitivity and What-If Analysis
- Delimit and Flash-fill
Module 2 Concepts of Accounting and Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Concepts of Keyline and comprehensive income
- Prepare financial statements
- Understanding Annual reports.
Module 3 Ratio Analysis – Learn the different types of Ratios
- Activity Ratio
- Solvency Ratio
- Profitability Ratio
- Valuation Ratio
- DuPont Ratio
- Liquidity Ratio
- EPS- Basic and Diluted
Module 4 Basic Concepts of Financial Modeling
- Structure of the financial model
- Scenario creation
- Preparation of schedules
- Error tracking skills
Module 5: Financial Models
- 13-Week Cash Flow Model
- M&A Model
- Private Equity return model
- LBO Model
- Three-Statement projection Model
Module 6 Valuation of Business
- Relative and DCF Valuation
- NAV Approach
- Football Field analysis
- Valuation report
- Pre and Post money valuation
Phone: +91 9580 740 740
Also Read: IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Review
2. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore – Management University Academy (SMU)
Course Name: Financial Modelling and Valuation
For professionals in corporate finance and investment, financial modeling is a critical skill in business valuation. Modeling necessitates the ability to incorporate business inputs into financial models. The output of this is to prepare for negotiations, and decisions related to the sale and purchase of a business and prepare the participants to learn scenario analysis to determine a business value.
- Principles of Modelling
- Build Financial Models
- Analyzing the impact of Strategic Decisions
- Negotiating and Decision Making through Valuation
At the end of the course, assessments will be given. The mode of assessment could be an online quiz, presentation, or classroom exercise, it will depend on the discretion of the trainer. To achieve a digital certificate after the completion of the course, participants must be able to score 75% attendance.
Special sponsors and funding schemes are available for students enrolling in the course at a lower rate. Sponsorships can also be directly applied through the university.
Phone +965-6828 0971
Have a look at the best Financial Modeling Courses in Kenya
3. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore – SUSS (Singapore University of Social Sciences)
Course Name: Data Technologies for Financial Modeling
This course provides knowledge and skills to business graduates on how to use the most commonly used financial models. A business graduate must be familiar with data and spreadsheet technologies to effectively implement financial models for analyzing, budgeting, forecasting, and planning in finance-related companies. The course covers a wide range of topics namely methods of financial modeling, pricing, risk evaluation, and strategies related to decision-making.
- Modeling Financial Statements
- Making use of Data and Data sources
- Cash flow discounting and compounding
- Asset valuation
- Use of Excel tools to enhance modeling
- Use of Python in enhancing the modeling
- FinTech valuing
- The technique of distributed ledger.
Phone : +65 62480263
4. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore – MIS Marketing Institute of Singapore
Course Name: Financial Modeling for Marketing Decisions
This course consists of a series of practical demonstrations and case studies for both marketing and finance-related organizations. The course topics are applicable and helpful to any business model. Any business model can use the acquired knowledge whether you are selling directly or through distributors or your own sales team. The course enables you to analyze your sales and marketing initiatives from qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
Module 1 Introduction
- Understanding the objectives of Sales and Marketing
- What are value creation and its distinction from growth
Module 2 Initiatives of Sales and Marketing
- In-depth about growth, product mix, and Branding
- Module 3 ROI and Break–even Analysis
- Incorporation of hidden costs
- Payment discounts
- Lowering sales price
- Credit period extensions
- Considerations in product discontinuation and margins
Module 3 Evaluation of Product Mix
- Which products to prioritize
- Measuring the profitability of a product
Module 4 Calculating Return on Investment (ROI) on Branding
- Weighting the benefits of branding against the costs
- Importance of Payback period and NPV
Module 5 Interdependency Between Sales and Marketing functions
- Impact of Budgetary approach
- Impact of sales forecast on other business operations
- Assumptions on forecasting
The Course Will Immensely Benefit: –
- Managers and Executives involved in the sales and marketing initiatives.
- Analysts and Finance Managers are in charge of determining the economic feasibility of sales and marketing initiatives.
- Senior managers in charge of approval and product managers involved in implementation.
Phone : +6327 7580
Find here the top Financial Modeling Courses in London
5. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore: Knowles Training Institute
Course Name: Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
Knowles Training Institute is a renowned training and development center that helps its clients to create financial models in less time and learn how to manipulate excel spreadsheets. Their Financial Modeling course is designed for managers, team leaders, executives, and secretaries.
- Participants will be gaining the following benefits from this course.
- Learn basic excel functions, calculations, and formulas in excel.
- Learn how to use Excel to create effective financial modeling
- Convert Excel data into tables, charts, and pivot charts
- Learn how to develop financial modeling projects
- Learn about various excel shortcuts to use in excel efficiently
- What is Financial Modelling?
- How to Build a Financial Model
- Importance of Excel in finance model
- What formulas and calculations to use when building a Financial Model
- Use of designs and templates for Financial Modeling
- Data organization
- Mistakes while building a financial model.
Besides the course completion certificate, its participants will also receive study material such as handouts, e-books, guides, and takeaway notes of the 2-day course.
Phone: +65 69357406
6. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore – Excel Financial Modeling Course – Nexacu
Course Name: Excel Financial Modelling Course for Beginners
This Excel financial modeling course designed by experts aims to ensure that you are confident in creating your models and avoiding potential pitfalls by working through real-world scenarios. This course is intended for beginners to learn how to build a complex financial model most accurately and transparently.
Module 1: Learn Financial Modelling Techniques
- Learn the tips to make a structure, style, and design
- How to avoid Hard coding
- How to identify indicators of risk
- How to use reconciliations and zero checks.
Module 2: Work on Business Projects
- Create Fa feasibility Study
- Forecasting cash flows of potential projects
- Make development proposals
- Create Management Dashboard
- Create automated pricing tools
- Mini project to calculate investors’ parameters
Module 3 Define Names to worksheets, labels, and typed formulas
Module 4 Validate Data
- What is Data validation?
- How to test a validation?
- Creating a drop-down list, error messages, and input message
Module 5 What is meant by formula referencing?
Module 6: Absolute and relative referencing
- What are Relative formulas
- How to create absolute and mixed references
- Problems faced in relative formulas
Module 7: Logical Functions
- Learn logical functions Use of IF with numbers, text, error, True and false, OR, and NOT
Module 8: Controls
- Understanding how Control works
- Preparation of worksheets for Control
- Combo Box for Control
- How to use cell link to display selection
- How to add a List Box, Scroll bar, Spin Button, and Check Box control
- How to protect a worksheet with control
Module 9: Functions of Finance
- Learn how to use PMT, FV, NPV, RATE, Effect, and Nominal
Module 10: Functions with date and Time
- Learn how to use functions with NOW, DATE, HOUR and MINUTE, WEEKDAY, MONTH, WORKDAY
Module 11: Lookup Functions
- Learn how to use Data Lookup with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Match, and Index
Module 12: Math Functions
- Learn how to apply math functions in SQRT, ABS, ROUND, PRODUCT, SEILINGMATH, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, and ROUNDDOWN and ROUNDUP
Module 13: Protecting Data
- Learn how to protect data and provide total access to cells.
- Provide restricted access to cells
- How to open a password-protected workbook?
- How to remove a password from the workbook?
- How to disable a worksheet?
- How to protect a worksheet?
Phone : +617 3036 1350
Email: Not Available
Also Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Dubai
7. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore: AMT Training
Course Name: Singapore Financial Modelling- Fundamentals
Participants in this course will learn how to create a three-statement integrated financial model, which includes an income statement, a balance sheet, and a cash flow statement. Participants will also be able to learn how to do a stress test and how to check for errors in models.
The course comes in 2 parts. The first part is more about setting up excel functions and creating balance sheets, and income statements, while the second part is more about reviewing the structure and components of three statement forecasts of real company models.
- How to set up excel and keyboard shortcuts for modeling
- How to build a come statement and Balance sheet
- How to incorporate interest income and expense
- Learn about checking methodologies
- How to perform audit trails
- Reviewing Structure and forecasting models
- How to model operating cash and excess cash
- Creating a link between the balance sheet and forecast income
- Understanding the rules of cash
- What is a circular formula and how to work with intentional circular referencing, switches, and nonintentional circular references?
The course is best for new employees who have joined the company and want to have an in-house training
- Individuals wanting to fill the knowledge gap
- Bankers seeking to improve their technical abilities
- Graduates preparing for a prospective job in any financial organization.
Phone : +852 3905 3058
Email: Not Available
8. Best Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore: IMS Preschool
Course Name: Singapore Financial Modelling- Fundamentals
This course focuses on excel, financial statements, corporate finance, and equity modeling. Participants learn methodologies to solve real business problems with excel. If you are looking ahead for a job interview in the finance sector, then this course will help you in getting entry-level positions in Investment Banking, Equity and Credit research, financial planning, and Financial Analysts.
Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore Syllabus
Module 1 How Excel can solve problems
- Learn to identify problems
- Descriptive Statistics
- Functions of Excel
- Excel Visualization
- Data description.
Module 2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to FSA
- Income Statement
- Cash Flow Analysis
Module 3 What is Corporate Finance
- What is the Time value of money
- Cost of Capital
- Sources and uses of capital
- Introduction to Project Finance
Module 4 Understanding Project Finance
- How to build manufacturing and service projects
- How to overlay projects with Tax
- Evaluating a project
Module 5: What is Equity Modelling?
- What is Valuation?
- How is the forecasting of cost and revenues done?
- What is DCF& Relative valuation?
After completing the course, participants will receive a certificate from the preschool and NSDC to register for the NSE academy for online exams and receive an NSE Academy certificate.
Phone : +770044425
FAQs About Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
Q1. Why is financial modeling important for business?
Financial modeling is used in a variety of business functions such as company valuation, allocating capital, forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing credit returns.
Q2. What is financial modeling?
In simple words, the financial model creates a description of a company’s current finances to forecast its future results. It’s usually in the form of a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel.
Q3. What career options one can get after completing financial modeling courses in Singapore?
Some good positions that you can enter after completing financial modeling courses in Singapore – Bank Manager, credit analyst, Investment banker, and Research analyst.
Singapore has become one of the top educational destinations in the world, it is carving out its niche in higher education and is gaining popularity among international students. While Singapore offers students a high standard of education at an affordable price. The tuition fees charged by Singaporean academic institutions are much lower than those in Australia, the United Kingdom, or the United States.
Singapore’s economy is regarded as one of the world’s most powerful. About 26,000 international corporations are based in Singapore. Because of the magnitude of economic activity in Singapore, there is an enormous number of job opportunities for students. Doing financial modeling courses in Singapore will immensely benefit learners in terms of jobs, global exposure, and world-class education.