Top 7 Technical Writing Courses in Faridabad With Placements
Out of all the genres of writing that a professional writer can choose to specialize in, technical writing has the greatest scope for growth in the near future. In an increasingly automated and technology-dependent world, there will be a greater need for specialist writers who, in addition to having a sound grasp of various technical subjects, are also adept at using precise language to describe such subjects accurately and simply. If you think you have it in you to take up this challenging task, then read on as we discuss the best institutes offering technical writing courses in Faridabad.
Broadly speaking, technical writing generally provides a simplified version of complex technical information to parties to enable them to accomplish a specific task or goal or comprehend a technical subject. A universal feature of technical writing is that it is done with very pragmatic objectives in mind, i.e., to allow the readers to accomplish specific tasks and/or to gain a working understanding of a product or service (that they may or may not intend to use).
Technical writing courses in Faridabad will help you acquire this valuable skill set. In other words, technical writing generally entails expressing complex technical information in layman’s terms. This is important because as the world becomes increasingly dependent on technology, it becomes imperative to educate the general public about the various new machines and devices that are becoming an indispensable part of people’s lives.
After all, the advances in technology will benefit society only if they are incorporated into daily life at large. That is why the role of technical writers is so critical. You must consider having a look at the best technical writing courses in Faridabad if you feel this is a suitable career path for you. Technical writers are the bridge between the scientific community and the general public.
They ensure that the benefits of cutting-edge research are able to percolate down to the masses. Considering how important technical writing is, getting enrolled in one of the technical writing courses in Faridabad will give your career a big boost.
Different Types of Technical Writing
The scope of technical writing is very wide. Myriad documents come under the heading of technical writing. The wide variety encountered in this genre is a reflection of the diverse purposes that are served by technical writing. It must be noted that technical documents may be written by not just a technical writer but by any person who specializes in a technical field, such as a doctor or engineer. So, a wide variety of professionals can benefit from technical writing courses in Faridabad. Commonly seen types of technical documents are: –
1. Specifications are design details that describe the dimensions, structure, component parts, constituent materials, packaging, delivery, etc. of an appliance, object, or process. The description has to be detailed and clear enough to allow the reader to construct that object or device based on the description alone. For example, the specifications for an automobile or smartphone might be provided to a manufacturer by a technical writer or engineer.
2. Descriptions are explanations of procedures and processes that give the reader a clear understanding of how something works. For example, a description of the working mechanism of a hydraulic press, the braking system of an automobile, or the mechanism of climate change.
3. Instructions and procedures are documents that help either developers or consumers to operate or configure a program or device. Typical examples of instructional documents include user manuals and troubleshooting guides for medical equipment, computer programs, mobile applications, mechanical products, media devices, automobiles, etc.
4. Proposals are important because before an organization or corporation gives the green signal to a new project, someone always has to be convinced about its viability. It could be the board of directors, the CEO/Chairman, investors, or business partners. That’s where a project proposal comes in. A proposal is a document that describes the purpose of a project, the specific tasks that will be performed during the project, the intended short-term and long-term objectives, and the cost of the project.
Often, a well-crafted project proposal can be the difference between approval and rejection. Proposals cover a wide range of subjects. For example, a technical writer may write a proposal about the benefits of switching to a new cyber-security system, and a teacher may write a proposal that outlines how a new schedule for extra classes for struggling students will be structured.
5. Résumés and Job Applications are also considered technical documents. They are used in a professional setting to inform prospective employers of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, achievements, and credentials. A good résumé can tilt the scales in your favor and make you stand out from the crowd of applicants. From this, the readers can understand how crucial technical writing skills are to one’s career.
6. Emails, Letters, and Memoranda constitute another class of documents that are frequently encountered in a business. It must be pointed out that letters have largely been replaced by emails and are very rarely seen nowadays. Emails can be used for a variety of purposes— to relay simple messages, to provide technical information, or to disseminate promotional material.
The main difference between emails and memoranda is that while emails are usually written to people outside of a company, memoranda (memos) are used to share information with colleagues or subordinates within an organization.
7. Technical Reports provide readers with information and analysis. Reports may come in many forms. For example, a technical writer might evaluate a building and write a report about how safe the building is, whether or not building laws have been complied with and what measures can be taken to make the building safer for residents. Another writer who works for an environmental organization may publish an evaluation report that describes the effects that the waste products discharged from a newly constructed factory have had on nearby water bodies and the flora and fauna that live in them.
8. White Papers are mostly written for experts in a field and typically describe a technical or business problem or the possible solutions to such problems. White papers can be issued by a wide variety of organizations. For example, the police department of a city may publish a white paper discussing in detail a recent spurt in drug-related crimes, the reasons behind the same, and ways to tackle the problem. Another example is an advertising firm submitting a white paper to a client company advising them on how to build their brand and stand out in the market.
9. Press Releases are issued by organizations or individuals when they want to announce the launch of a new product or service or inform the public about any important newsworthy development. Press releases are usually drafted by public relations officers.
10. Websites have been a game-changer when it comes to the way information is presented and accessed nowadays. All major websites today have ‘About us, ‘Help’ and ‘FAQ’ pages that are designed by technical writers who are skilled in web designing.
11. Datasheets are documents that contain different types of details about a product, service, application, or software. These include key features, product specifications, technical characteristics, and other important details.
12. Case Studies are reports about any type of situation or person of particular interest that has been studied in great detail. Case studies often reveal interesting and thought-provoking insights about the subject matter being studied.
13. API Guides are written for the benefit of web developers. They educate developers about application programming interfaces.
It must be impressed upon the reader that the range of technical writing is very vast. It extends from something as complex as detailed instructions on how to perform a highly specialized medical procedure to something as simple as assembling a piece of furniture at home. Considering the wide range of choices available to a technical writer, taking up one of the technical writing courses in Faridabad will be a wise choice.
Find the other most rewarding courses in Faridabad for a lucrative career
- Content Writing Courses in Faridabad
- Digital Marketing Courses in Faridabad
- SEO Courses in Faridabad
- GST Certification Courses in Faridabad
What Isn’t Technical Writing?
For giving the reader a clearer picture of the subject matter, let’s discuss how technical writing is different from other genres of writing. Technical writing is most likely to be confused with academic writing and scientific writing. Let us discuss these briefly.
Academic writing or scholarly writing is non-fiction produced in an academic setting, and typically includes things like research papers, the results of experimental and field studies along with their analysis, different authors’ viewpoints on various academic subjects, and new hypotheses and theories about various phenomena.
Scientific Writing is a sub-genre of academic writing that deals with the natural and exact sciences, i.e., physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology. The main difference between technical and academic writing is that technical writing is meant for the general public, while academic writing caters to a very specific audience, i.e., people who are experts in the subject matter or even informed readers who are more knowledgeable about the subject matter at hand than the average person.
Also, technical writing is done with very clear-cut and pragmatic goals in mind, while academic writing aims to raise the general awareness level of the target audience. Now that the subject matter at hand has been described adequately, let’s have a look at our list of the best technical writing courses in Faridabad: –
Also, check out the best Technical Writing Courses in India
Top 7 Technical Writing Courses in Faridabad
1) IIM SKILLS –
IIM Skills is one of the preferred destinations for amateurs and professionals who are looking for guidance to upskill themselves. Since its inception in 2015, IIM skills have helped thousands of learners to make the transition from the classroom to the real world by providing hands-on training in in-demand technical skills in various fields.
Their course trainers are all established professionals in their respective fields, and their training methodologies are in sync with present-day ground realities. The highlights of their excellent Technical Writing Course are 60+ hours of practical assignments, 1 month guaranteed internship, lifetime technical support, and lifetime access to course materials. The course lectures are delivered entirely online, so you can access them from anywhere.
Course Fees: Rs. 14,900/- (+ 18% GST)
2) Coursera –
Coursera is among the world’s leading platforms when it comes to quality education online. Considering that the founders are ex-Stanford University professors, it’s no surprise that the courses available on Coursera are all of the stellar quality. The courses are offered by universities from all around the world, including prestigious names like Stanford, Princeton, and Yale. Coursera’s courses are peerless when it comes to content quality. There are several courses on Coursera that deal with specific aspects of technical writing.
These Are Listed Below: –
- Google Project Management: Professional Certificate by Google
- Writing Skills for Engineering Leaders by Rice University
- Technical Support Fundamentals by Google
- Communication Skills for Engineers by Rice University
Coursera also offers financial aid to students with financial difficulties. At the end of the course, you will be awarded a shareable certificate that you can add to your online profile on sites like LinkedIn, etc.
Find here the best Technical Writing Courses in Delhi
3) Skillshare –
With over 35000 courses and 8 million users, Skillshare is one of the most popular online learning platforms in the market today. Founded in 2010 in New York City, Skillshare has received favorable reviews from students throughout the entirety of its existence. The diversity of courses offered on Skillshare is impressive with courses on writing and publishing, advertising, fashion, business, design, film and video, music, photography, gaming, and technology. Their USP is a highly interactive training model, which emphasizes learning by completing a project.
Some of the Technical Writing Courses on Offer Are: –
- Technical Writing Part 1: Getting Started
- Technical Writing Part 2: The Writing Process
- So You Want to be a Technical Writer
- Become an awesome Technical Writer
An added bonus is that the courses are highly affordable, so it is particularly useful for students and new professionals.
4) Udemy –
With over 200,000 courses and 50 million students, the online education website Udemy is second to none when it comes to course diversity and client base. At Udemy, the primary focus is on imparting practical skills that will enable students to hit the ground running upon course completion. To top it all off, the budget-friendly and self-paced nature of their courses make them one of the preferred choices for students and professionals looking to enroll in trending courses.
The Technical Writing Courses Available on Udemy Are: –
- Professional Technical Writing
- Business Writing and Technical Writing Immersion
- How to Write Software Documentation
- Tech writers Master Class
Must Read: Technical Writing Courses in Noida
5) British Council –
Active in over a hundred countries, the British Council is a London-based organization that provides educational opportunities to students from all over the world and promotes educational, scientific, and cultural cooperation with the United Kingdom. The British Council was established under the auspices of the British monarchy and is governed by a Royal charter, so their technical writing course will make your résumé much more attractive to prospective employers.
They offer a variety of courses, technical writing being one of them. They have built a very good reputation in the educational field over the 80+ years of their existence, and are an excellent choice for anyone looking for online technical writing courses in Faridabad.
6) Technical Writer HQ –
Technical Writer HQ is one of the best-known online providers of technical writing courses. Their Technical Writing Certification Course has been recognized as the best by critics. Besides building a solid foundation in fundamental technical writing skills, the courses at technical writer HQ will also help you to build an online presence, expand your professional network, create an excellent résumé, and ace job interviews for the position of a technical writer.
They also have an excellent track record in job placements, and many of their members are enjoying rewarding careers at top companies like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Amazon, and Spotify. If you want to get a head start in your career as a technical writer, there aren’t many choices better than Technical Writer HQ.
Some of The Courses Offered at Technical Writer HQ Are:
- Technical Writing Certification Course ($299)
- Proposal Writing Certification Course ($299)
- UX Writing Certification Course ($499)
Also, find the best Online Technical Writing Courses
7) Society for Technical Communication (STC) –
STC is the world’s oldest professional association dedicated to the advancement of the field of technical writing. Technical communication organizations formed a few years after the second world war, later were merged and renamed several times, and eventually came to be known as the Society for Technical Communication in 1971. Their level of experience in the field of technical communication is unmatched, and this makes them one of the most sought-after institutes by aspiring technical writers.
They offer three different levels (Foundation, Practitioner, and Expert level) of an exam-based certification in technical writing called the Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) certification. They also offer online courses to help you prepare for the foundational and practitioner-level exams.
The expert level certification is currently given on the basis of expert interviews. STC also offers encouragement to budding technical writers by regularly organizing writing competitions and offering scholarships to those pursuing an accredited degree or certificate program in some aspect of technical writing.
Content Writing Courses in Indore
Content Writing Courses In Kota
Content Writing Courses In Jaipur
1) What is the average annual salary for a technical writer in India?
The annual salary of a technical writer in India lies in the 3 to 12 lakh range, with the annual average being around 6 lakhs.
2) What career options are available for a technical writer?
A number of jobs are available for a technical writer. Some of these are: –
- Information developer
- Manual writer
- Documentation Specialist
- Policy writer
- Content developer
- Technical communication specialist
- Web writer
- Technical trainer
- Information designer
3) What are the different fields where I can find employment after doing one of the technical writing courses in Faridabad?
Any professional field where information of a highly technical nature is involved will need to employ technical writers. This included occupational fields such as computer hardware and software, architecture, engineering, chemistry, aeronautics, robotics, finance, medical science, consumer electronics, biotechnology and forestry, the military, various Government agencies, and many more. Any of the technical writing courses in Faridabad will help you to find employment in one of these fields.
4) Are technical writing courses in Faridabad available in online mode?
Yes. An online option is available for those looking to do technical writing courses in Faridabad.
Anyone anxious about the viability of technical writing as a stable career option should give up worrying and just take up one of the technical writing courses in Faridabad. Technical writing has been around for ages since ancient times as a matter of fact. The earliest known technical documents were written over 2000 years ago by the famous Greek philosopher Aristotle. Illustrious personalities like Leonardo Da Vinci and Isaac Newton recorded their findings in works that were later recognized as technical documents. The industrial revolution and the two world wars were accompanied by massive advances in technology and the invention of many new complex machines.
This created a need to educate the general public about these things, leading to increasing demand for skilled technical writers. In fact, it was during the second world war that ‘technical writer’ became an official job title. Subsequently, the boom in electronic appliances during the 1970s and 80s, and the increasing prominence of computers, the internet, and artificial intelligence in the 21st century have made technical writing a highly sought-after profession. So, any of the above technical writing courses in Faridabad will help you secure your future.
There is a consensus among industry experts that as compared to other professions, the technical writing sector will grow faster over the next decade. It’s indisputable that our reliance on technology and the automation of common commercial, industrial and domestic processes will only increase with the advent of time. This will arise the need for well-designed documentation to facilitate the use of such technologies. So, take advantage of one of the above technical writing courses in Faridabad and be assured of a long, stable, and fulfilling career in the coming future.