Technology plays a major role in the present scenario. Every basic thing is improvised and modernized due to tremendous technological growth. Technical writing requires a good understanding of technology and the ability to define complex things into simpler ones. Technical writing is a skill in demand with various career opportunities with a good salary. Technical writing requires an advanced level of technical knowledge. To learn and enhance this skill, many institutes offer technical writing courses. This article provides complete details of the best technical writing courses in Egypt.
Technical writing is a type of writing that talks about technical information. It is designed to explain complex technical information in easily understandable forms to the audience. It is mainly used in technical and occupational fields like Engineering, high-tech manufacturing, biotech, aerospace, finance, Electronics, medicine, computer hardware, software, etc.
Technical writing is the practice of documentation processes such as technical manuals, reports, user manuals, handbooks, product descriptions, software manuals, technical reports, instructional materials, etc. This type of writing has a unique purpose and characteristics to other writing styles. Technical writing requires an advanced level of technical knowledge of services and products. It requires good writing ability.
Technical writing is a demanded skill that every organization looks for. Technical writing jobs require the criteria of degree and technical knowledge. There are many job opportunities available after the technical writing course. Some of the careers you can go for are:
- Technical Editor
- Content writers
- Documentation specialists
- Manual writers
- Policy writers
- Web writers
- Technical trainers
- Information developers
- Technical authors
Roles of Technical Writers
As a technical writer, the roles and responsibilities are:
- Technical writers are responsible for creating high-quality documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain an in-depth knowledge of the product and services to explain complex information into simple content
- Evaluate and Develop innovative approaches for refinement
- Gather information to develop and write technical specifications, procedure manuals, and process documentation
- Write for different audiences like technical programmers and non-technical end-users
- Research, write and edit new content and existing content by working with different departments
- Examine and manage the potential content
Tips for Technical Writers
1. Know your Audience
The important factor to consider before writing a technical article is to know your expected audience. Before writing, analyze your audience and what they are expecting from your article. As a technical writer, you should keep in mind that your article should be understood by your target audience. Knowing your readers before writing will help you to create content as per the requirements of your audience. Writing an article as per your audience requirement will make your content reach the maximum.
2. Complete Knowledge About The Topic You Write
The quality of your technical article depends on the clarity of the topic. Before writing, you should be familiar with the topic. To write a technical article effectively, you should have deep knowledge about the topic and should have the ability to write complex concepts in simple and understanding form. The clarity in topic and writing will help non-technical audiences to understand easily.
3. Use Simple Language
Using simple language is a very important factor to consider while writing a technical article. Articles with simple language can be read by anyone easily, so explain the concepts clearly and simply. Using direct language will be helpful to convey the concepts clearly and concisely.
4. Use Examples
Technical writing is a type of writing that deals with practical things. Incorporating examples in writing will help to understand complex and real-time scenarios quickly. Provide some engaging examples to create interest in your audience.
5. Add Images
Adding images while writing a technical article is a brilliant way to connect with your readers. Using images in the article will benefit in many ways like attention seeking, ease to understand, and creating interest. An image will connect the readers more easily than written texts. Enhance the technical writing topics by incorporating charts, tables, diagrams, visuals, graphs, etc.
6. Revise After Writing
As a technical writer, after completing your draft, revise the technical content thoroughly. No article is produced perfectly the first time. It is a major step you have to follow to edit and proofread the article you have written. Take some time after you finish your writing then go through your article. As a technical writer, you should take care of grammar, punctuations, alignment, syntax, language, etc. Producing quality and error-free content should be a concern for a technical writer.
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in France
Top 8 Technical Writing Courses in Egypt
To become a successful Technical writer, you must have good technical knowledge. To enhance the required skill, you must get trained at the best institute that provides good knowledge. Many institutes offer Technical writing courses. Here are some of the top institutes that offer technical writing courses in Egypt.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is a reputed ed-tech organization that provides online technical writing courses in Egypt. This institute provides the training to enhance your skill and build your career. IIM Skills provide an online training service across Asia. If you are in Egypt and looking for the best technical writing courses, this institute is one of the best options.
IIM Skills provides the training that makes you an expert in various technical writing forms. There are many benefits you will get if you join this course. There will be lifetime consulting and technical support, guaranteed internship, assistance in portfolio development, help to publish your first white paper, and guidance to publish your first technical blog with the Times of India.
The main objective of this course is to understand the purpose of technical documents and to create an effective technical document.
Course Name: Technical Writing Course
Course Duration: 20 hours of lectures & 60+ hour’s practical assignments
Course Fee: 3,592.84 Egyptian Pound
- How to write
- Creating your content
- Technical reports
- White papers/Journals
- DDLC & Versioning
- Conversational writing
- Reviewing & Publishing
- API documentation using XML
- Datasheets, User manuals, and application notes
- Effective writing
- Case study
Udemy offers a technical writing course online. If you are searching for Technical writing courses in Egypt at affordable prices, Udemy is the best online training institute you can join. Training is in recorded video, you can access it from anywhere. There is an additional benefit available if you enroll in this course. As the training is in recorded form, there is no deadline to complete the course, you can complete the course anytime.
This Course Contains
- 5.5 hours of video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on TV and mobile
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in New Zealand
3. Technical Writer HQ
Technical Writing HQ provides fundamental technical writing training online courses. It shows the pathway to becoming a good technical writer. This institute offers excellent training that helps build your skills in technical writing and create a successful job search strategy.
- To implement Technical writing Key responsibilities
- How to analyze your audience
- How to conduct proper research
- How to create information architecture
- How to create a great documentation layout
- How to conduct user interviews
- How to create learning objectives
- Teach to work with product managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Teach to structure and design sentences
- How to foster learning and development
- How to manage a knowledge base
- Learn to use tools for your documentation
- Learn to write and Edit Documentation for most use cases
- How to write an FAQ
- API Writing
- How to write white papers
- How to write User manuals
- How to write case studies
- Learn to craft your technical writer resume
If you are searching for Technical writing courses in Egypt, Technical writing HQ is one of the best options available.
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in Malaysia
4. University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is one of the best online technical writing courses in Egypt. This course will help expand your career possibilities in the field of technical writing. This University provides training in such a way that enhances training preparation, delivery techniques, and knowledge of technical communication.
If You Join This Technical Writing Course You Will Learn:
- Ethical issues in technical writing
- Learn advanced grammar rules
- Learn effective research method
- Writing effectively for social media and websites
- Introduction to Technical communication
- Your role as a Technical writer
- Common types of Technical writing
- The Seven Principles of Good Writing
- Writing as a process
- Rough draft
- Revising and editing
- Writing for the web page
- Writing for social media
- Final exam
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in Greece
5. Oregon State University
If you are interested in getting a job or starting your own business as a technical writer, Oregon State University provides a technical writing course in Egypt. If you are a beginner and eager to learn from scratch, this institute is the best choice.
This Online Course Helps You to Write:
- Concisely, correctly and clearly
- Know the difference between technical writing from other forms of writing
- Helps you to create document layouts that are accessible
- Understand UX design and its importance for writing technical documents
- Helps to identify the target audience and generate documents that reverberate with that audience.
- Technical writing fundamentals
- Instructional manual
- Instructional manual: Finalizing the Document
- Writing a technical description
If you are looking for technical writing courses in Egypt, this University is one of the best choices.
6. Learning Tree International
Learning Tree International provides technical writing courses in Egypt. If you are interested to become a technical writer, you can choose this institute for the best online training.
The Benefits You Will Get From This Institute Are:
- Helps to identify your target audience
- Successfully convey complicated content to readers easily
- Can select appropriate documents formats
- Learn to write technical documents, manuals, and white papers productively
- Develop documents to meet the audience requirements
- Develop informative content so that your audience understands easily
- Introduction to technical writing
- The writing process
- Ensuring clarity and readability
- The mechanics of writing
- Structuring Information for better understanding
- Designing your document
- Developing the look of your document
7. American Management Association
American management association offers effective online technical writing courses in Egypt. This institute provides training in such a way that you can able to create clear, specific, and concise technical content to reach both technical and non-technical audiences. In this course, you will learn to write emails, reports, letters, physical descriptions, product specifications, and many other types of documents.
You Will Also Cover the Following:
- You can create technical documents efficiently
- You can able to employ the technical writing standards
- Based on the audience you can able to assess your writing style
- You can strategically organize ideas
- Can achieve clarity, precision, and conciseness
- Learn Editing
8. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin offers online Technical writing courses in Egypt. This institute has experienced faculty members who provide excellent training. If you enroll in this course, you will be able to learn to compose reports such as research reports, lab reports, progress reports, plan and plausibility reports, and counseling reports.
There will be access to tools and techniques, assessments, and video content. You will be provided with the facility to undergo projects in technical writing tools and the documentation process.
If You Enroll in This Course, You Will Get Many Learning Benefits Such as:
- Able to prepare comprehensive Research proposals
- You can identify different types of literature review
- You can successfully communicate the Technical details to a non-technical audience
- Can write a Thesis and research papers for journals
- You will get a complete idea of how to write a Research paper
- Can enhance the writing process to achieve better content in less time
Course Name: Technical Writing Course
Course Fee: INR 17500
Course Duration: 32 hours
- Introduction to Technical writing
- Documentation process
- Technical Writing Process
- Grammar and Editing
- Technical Writing software tools
- Components of a technical document
- Technical writing techniques
- Learn to create a technical document Template
- Overview of formats of Technical documents
- Advanced Technical writing tools
- Soft skills development
- Resume writing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is technical writing?
Technical writing is a type of writing about technical information. It is the practice of preparation of documents such as technical manuals, reports, user manuals, handbooks, product descriptions, software manuals, technical reports, and instructional materials.
Q2. Is there a demand for technical writing?
In this technological world, there is an increase in demand for technical writers. Technical writers can explain complex information in a simple and understanding way to various audiences. Every organization is looking for technical writers. Hence technical writing has huge demand.
Q3. What are the Eligibility criteria required to become a Technical writer?
To become a technical writer, you require a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field. You should have good communication skills, writing skills, and good technical knowledge.
Q4. What are the benefits of doing an online technical writing course?
If you enroll in online courses, you will get many benefits like Flexible timings, recorded sessions of the classes, practical assignments, feedback for the assignments, placement opportunities, lifetime access, and support from the institutes offering online courses.
Q5. Is it difficult to learn Technical writing?
Technical writing requires specific skills to understand complex technical terms and can convert them into a simpler form. It completely depends on the individual. If you are interested and eager to learn the skill you can learn easily.
Technical writing always has a huge demand in the market. This field has good scope and the salary is impressive. If you are looking to build your career as a Technical writer you should enhance your skill in the relevant field. To enhance your skill and get a clear understanding of technical writing this article will help you. Choosing the best training institute to master your skills is very important. This article will help you to choose the right path for your career growth. This article provides you with the best Technical writing courses in Egypt. Join the institute which satisfies your requirements and get the maximum benefits.