Coimbatore is the state’s third-biggest and one of the most industrialized cities in Tamil Nadu, recognized as the textile center or the Manchester of South India. According to Zinnov, an independent advisory organization, Coimbatore will be among the top 40 cities globally for employing technical talent in the future. Because of the growing needs of the IT industry, technical writers in Coimbatore are likely to be in high demand. Large corporations and businesses are pursuing professional and creative writers. These writers are responsible for converting complex technical terms into understandable language.IT is a flourishing industry in Coimbatore. It is now the state’s largest industry. Nonetheless, becoming an engineer is not the only way to work in this industry. If you are interested in technology and trends, you can enter this booming industry. Those who are interested in pursuing this lucrative career should enroll in technical writing courses in Coimbatore.
Technical writing includes creating or writing all forms of documentation for complex technical processes. It consists of executive summary statements, briefs, and reports. In the workplace, technical writing refers to any written communication that conveys technical information.
That includes information technology, global supply and chain, energy, finance, biotechnology, forestry, chemistry, software, high-tech manufacturing, computer hardware, aerospace, medical, and engineering. There is no longer a need for long user manuals. Technical information should be condensed and presented clearly. A few examples are policy documents, press releases, briefs, technical reports, and emails.
What Is the Purpose of a Technical Writer?
Technical writers provide paper-based and digital operating instructions, assembly instructions, how-to manuals, and frequently asked questions sites to assist technical support personnel, clients, and other users within a firm or industry. They usually cooperate with computer support specialists, computer hardware engineers, and software developers throughout design and testing to organize the flow of information among project workgroups.
As a result, technical writers must be able to comprehend and communicate complex content to people with various professional backgrounds. They are also in charge of ensuring the accuracy and usage of technical content across corporate departments such as production, marketing, customer relations, and product development.
- Writing Abilities- This is the primary skill for a technical writer to have. A few skills are needed to work as a technical writer. The first requirement is a general ability to write. Because good documentation must be clear, precise, and to the point, a technical writer must be able to interpret complex concepts into simple words while employing proper grammar.
- The Ability to Communicate- They are rarely experts in the fields they write. As a result, you can’t be afraid to ask the “stupid questions” those force engineers to think about their replies. In short, you must be an excellent speaker, listener, interviewer, and therefore an investigative reporter and journalist.
- Skills in Documentation Tools- A working knowledge of the technologies used to create technical documentation is advantageous. PageMaker, Quark, RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, and MadCap Flare are some of the most often used tools. Technical writers are accustomed to learning – it is at the core of what they do – and the majority are capable of quickly and efficiently acquiring new technology.
- Skills in Graphic Design- Graphics, formatting, and illustration are becoming increasingly necessary for technical writers. The knowledge required in these areas varies depending on the job. You may need some basic or advanced skills.
- Skills in Usability Testing- A technical writer may be asked to participate in usability testing and documentation validation. It’s critical to verify that a product does what it’s supposed to accomplish.
It is an excellent blend of writing and technology. If you enjoy the breadth and versatility of the English language and are captivated by technological advancements, this could be the profession for you.
The Scope After Completing the Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
It is a relatively new profession in Coimbatore. There are around 14000 job openings for “Technical Writing” on the job portal in Coimbatore, which is not far behind other prestigious jobs like engineering and management. It is a lesser-known profession in Coimbatore that is rapidly growing.
Most of the jobs in this profession in Coimbatore are with software and web development companies. Technical documentation, such as tutorials, online help, and user manuals, is required by software firms for their products and technical procedures. Technical writers for web development companies expect to produce and modify the material for their client’s websites.
They are also in charge of ensuring that a website’s ranking in search engines for relevant key terms is as high as possible. SEO is the term for technical writing (Search Engine Optimization). Other organizations that employ technical writers include energy telecommunications, insurance, and banking. In general, their role is to create user guides, white papers, brochures, and reports for many types of goods. Although these vocations are not new in India, the designation of these tasks as technical writing is.
Salary Scope After Completing The Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
A fresher in this field can expect to earn around INR 30,000 per month as a starting salary, while the lowest allowance offered to a trainee may be around Rs 10,000 per month, while the highest-paid in the industry earns around Rs 51 lakhs per year! You can work part-time. This career offers a wide range of home-based and freelance opportunities.
The amount of money you will earn depends on several factors, including your experience level, your domain, and your location. There is a direct correlation between your paycheck and whether you have completed any training or certification courses. Individuals in this field can earn up to INR 1,000,000 per month if they are qualified. With time and expertise, the graph continues to increase.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in Coimbatore
Eligibility Criteria To Become A Techincal Writer
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as engineering or computer science, are in demand. A degree in English Literature, Journalism, or Mass Communications also helps you get a position as a technical writer. If you want to enhance your chances of getting a good job, you should take a certification course.
This program will provide you with the tools and knowledge about writing and editing through various technical writing projects. Taking a technical writing course will prepare an individual for various careers ranging from the scientific to the technological. Additionally, it can give you an edge over other applicants by showing them your expertise in the field.
Top 7 Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
Hundreds of online courses/certificate programs are now available for technical writers of all levels, including science and business writing. The following is a list of some leading institutions that provide technical writing courses in Coimbatore.
Rank # 1. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
1. IIM Skills
In India, IIM Skills is one of the most prestigious and well-known institutes that focuses solely on delivering exceptional learning programs to its students. It offers various career courses on professional skills such as content writing, technical writing, digital marketing, business in accounting and taxation, and many more. It is a leading ed-tech institute that strives to bridge the gap between skill improvement and education.
This institution provides one of India’s top technical writing courses. It will help you improve your technical communication skills by learning from industry experts. Besides, since all of its courses are available online, you can learn from the comfort of your own home, and it becomes even more accessible for working professionals due to its flexible batch scheduling.
Technical Writing Course Syllabus
- How to write
- Creating content
- Reports on technical issues
- Journals and white papers
- Versioning and DDL
- Conventional writing
- proofreading and publishing
- API documentation
- Datasheets, user manuals, and application notes.
- Effective writing
- Medical writing
- Case study
You will also learn about technical tools like MS Visio, MS Project, Git, and Scribus. The institute holds live interactive sessions, which create a conducive classroom environment where you can immediately clarify any issues. Not only will they impart theoretical information, but they will also provide you with hands-on experience.
IIM Skills will provide you with lifetime access to the course via the Learning Management System (LMS) and lifetime support. You will also receive international certification after completing the course and examination. This certificate will help you to shape and advance your profession. IIM Skills does assist its students in finding jobs all over the world.
Course Name: Technical Writing Master Course
Course Duration: 5 weeks
Course Fee: INR14,900+GST
Rank # 2. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
In India, ECT is the only training institution that has been designated a startup organization by the Indian government. ECT’s mission is to change the way knowledge is shared in India.
They Offer Two Types of Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
- A course in technical writing
Option 1: A Course in Technical Writing
Option 1: Program Syllabus
- An Introduction to Technical Writing
- Grammar & Styling in Technical Writing
- Information Architecture
- Mastering the Markdown Language
- Learn XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- Learn DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture)
- Document Authoring Tool – Oxygen XML Editor
- Technical Authoring Tool – MadCap Flare
- API Documentation
- Agile Documentation Strategy
- Careers in Technical Writing
- Contributing to Open Source Projects
- Other Useful & Beginner Friendly Tools
The course duration is three months and includes 32 hours of classroom/live teaching and 50 hours of eLearning videos with six assignments, six live projects, twelve quizzes, and one certification.
Course Fee – INR 16,949 + GST (18%) = INR 19,999
- All Modules from Option 1
- Introduction to Web Development Fundamentals
- Setting Up Dev Environment
- Learning HTML 5 – Elements & Structure
- Learn HTML – Tables
- HTML Forms
- Semantic HTML
- Learn CSS
- Concept of DOM
Course Duration: 3-6 months, including 96 hours of classroom/live instruction plus 100 hours of eLearning videos. There are 18 assignments to complete, 18 live projects, 36 puzzles, and four certificates.
Course Fee – INR 33,898 + GST (18%) = INR 39,999
In brief, if you are already familiar with any programming language or HTML or want to focus on the immediate (short-term) goal, you can join Option 1. You can choose Option 2 if you plan to work for major tech companies or build a long-term career.
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore
Rank # 3. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
3. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
SCDL has strived to be a leading autonomous distance education institute in India since its inception in 2001. SDLC has worked hard for two decades to provide a high-quality education to young aspirants. It provides a variety of professional courses, including Post Graduate Diploma, Information Technology, Education Management, Entrepreneurship Development, and others.
SCDL has over 350 faculty members available for academic counseling, curriculum development, assessments, and feedback on students’ academic progress. It aims to educate and prepare students for the academic and practical aspects of technical writing.
At all levels of the profession, the curriculum strives to generate skilled technical communicators who are proactive and responsible in their work. This program also aims to establish a sense of creativity, detail-oriented thinking, and process discipline in its students. There are four semesters in this course, each lasting six months.
The Syllabus for Every Semester Is as Follows:
- An Introduction to Technical Communication
- Information Development Life Cycle – I
- Information Development Life Cycle – II
- Technical Writing: Style and Editing
- English Grammar
- Technical Communication Software Tools
- Advanced Concepts in Technical Communication
- Technical Communication Project Management
- The Principles and Practices of Management
- Business Communication
- Instructional Design for Business Communication
- Introduction to Creative Writing in Business Communication
- Advanced Documentation Types & Processes
- Advanced Technical Writing Tools
- Research Methodology
Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
Course Duration: two years
Course Fee: INR 50,000
Rank # 4. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
Udemy is a well-known education platform for its affordable pricing. It is one of India’s best online course providers, with a wide variety of technical writing courses. Whether you’re looking for a beginner’s technical course or something more advanced, Udemy has it all. Technical communication varies by industry.
Some required API documentation, while others required engineering reporting or business writing- depending on your needs, you may find a course on Udemy. Furthermore, you may acquire these highly technical writing applications at reasonable pricing.
Strategies for basic technical writing and traps to avoid
Basic technical editing approaches to use
How to Make a Template for a Document
Components of a technical document
How to Create a Documentation Strategy
How to Design an Index
How to think in terms of variables
How to Use Tables Properly in your Documents
How to Choose and Annotate Images
How to Use Flowcharts in your Documents
Essential future trends in technical writing
Review your Final Assignment
The course includes 107 lectures, 110 downloadable resources, 36 quizzes, 22 Exercise Sheets, 22 Solution Sheets, 6 PDF Ebooks, 40 PDF Supplement Documents, and one final assignment. They provide you with lifetime mobile and TV access, which allows you to learn on the device of your choice, and a certificate of completion.
Course Name: Professional Technical Writing: Advance Your Writing Skills
Course Duration: 6 hours of on-demand video
Course Fee: INR 7,900
Rank # 5. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
5. Nanoscience & Technology Consortium (NSTC)
The Nano Science and Technology Consortium (NSTC), established in 2006, is a non-profit, professional organization. Their goal is to support research, commercial collaboration, advanced education, and training in the nanotechnology sector.
This course provides students with the fundamentals of effective technical/science writing, producing professionals who grasp the ideas of scientific and technical documentation. You will learn about technical tools like Microsoft (MS) Office, MS Visio, Robo HelpOffice, Adobe Frame-Maker, Quadralay Web-Works, Epic Editor, etc.
- An Overview of Scientific and Technical Writing
- categories of scientific and technical documents
- Technical and Scientific Writing (English)
- Procedures and Policies
- Scientific Research Paper
- Press Releases, Proposals, and Business Plans
- Specification for Software Design
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- How to make Electronic Documents and Other documents
- Aspects of documentation and design
- Formatting guidelines, final packaging
- citing Relevant bodies, worldwide conventions, and norms about scientific-technical writing/publishing,
- Ethical guidelines, rights, and permissions
This course includes PowerPoint and documents prepared by the teachers, assignments, links to various websites, quizzes, self-tests, websites where you can read other people’s posts and learn from them, chat sessions, and completion certification.
Course Name: Scientific and Technical Writing Program
Course Duration: 3 to 6 months
Course Fee: INR 10,300
Rank # 6. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
TechnicalKraft was founded in 2003 to improve the understanding of Technical Writing and Instructional Design. TechnoKraft is a renowned center in Bangalore for high-end technical writing training and the first in India to offer classroom instruction in instructional design. The course involves a proper understanding of the technical writing concepts and theories of Instructional Design and implementing these concepts appropriately in the tools.
They give equal emphasis to concepts and tools. You will also learn about technical tools like Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, MS Visio, Snagit, Advance, MS Word, HTML, and XML. Advance Level tools like DITA, Adobe Articulate, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe Illustrator,
Course’s Main Features:
- Writing documents that are clear, brief, and simple
- Make efficient use of English
- Effective communication abilities
- FAQ approach to writing Competent presenting skills
- Using appropriate visual and design tools while writing
- Analytical thinking and reasoning
- Time management
- Organize complicated material into simplified documents.
TechnoKraft helps you broaden the understanding of the subject, product, and solution, and once the concept is clear, comprehending the information becomes extremely easy. The course includes assignments, presentations, study materials, mock interviews, and certification of completion.
Recommended Read: SEO Courses in Coimbatore
Rank #7. Technical Writing Courses in Coimbatore
7. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin is a global education technology firm based in the United States and India, with users in over 97 countries. Henry Harvin is also referred to as an Online University with 200+ Programs for Upskilling and Reskilling as a career and competency development institution.
The Technical Writing course at Henry Harvin will teach you how to produce successful and well-organized documents using all the tools needed, for example, lab reports, research reports, plan and feasibility reports, progress reports, counseling reports, and so on.
The training also goes toward a few languages, design, style, and content challenges that you might encounter while proclaiming the outcomes of your research. You will also learn about technical tools like Authoring Tools, Screen Capture tools, Image editing tools, Spell check/Grammar Check Tools, and Technical writing Tools.
- An Introduction to Technical Writing
- Documentation Process
- The Technical Writing Process
- Grammar and Editing
- Technical Writing Software Tools
- Components of a Technical Document
- Technical Writing Techniques
- How to Create a Technical Document Template
- An Overview of formats of Technical Documents
- Advanced Technical Writing tools
The practical technical writing courses in Coimbatore from Henry Harvin include training, projects, internships, certification, placement, and a year of gold membership. The gold membership of Henry Harvin provides students with access to their writing academy, which includes live projects, recorded videos, guaranteed internships, monthly brush-up sessions for a year, weekly job guidance, interview skills, and career services.
Course Name: Technical writing Course
Course Duration: 24hrs Classroom Training + 24hrs Live Online Training + 50hrs E-Learning
Course Fee: Self Paced Course INR 15750/-, Live Online Classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is technical writing a good career option?
Because of the rapid growth of technology, there is a need for someone who can interpret technical concepts in layman’s terms. Furthermore, technical writers play a vital role in bridging the gap between developers and end-users. As a result, talented technical writers are in high demand in India and overseas.
2. What are the advantages of taking technical writing courses in Coimbatore?
Taking technical writing courses in Coimbatore has several advantages. It can help you enhance your writing abilities. It will provide you with a broad understanding of the technical writing industry and its procedures. You’ll know how to use tools and do research, and having finished a certification course is a plus.
3. How do I become a technical writer?
It is all about the writer’s abilities. It requires basic skills such as spoken and written English, research abilities, and some basic knowledge of equipment.