Investment Banking is one of the most complicated segments of the financial world which offers multiple financial services to several institutions, corporations, and governments such as trading securities, mergers and acquisitions, underwriting, and many more. Investment banking institutions provide financial consultation to corporations and governments to make the right monetary decisions. Investment banking is a very important part of the financial industry which enables a continuous flow of money in the market. In this article, we are going to learn about the types of investment banking, careers in investment banking, the benefits of learning investment banking, investment banking course fee and duration, and top online learning platforms that offer investment banking courses.
Types of Investment Banking Assistance-
Before learning about the investment banking course fee and duration it is important to know what are the types of basic investment banking. Investment banks are a very important part of the financial sector as they facilitate large and complicated money transactions for various institutions and firms. Investment banking is a large subject that can be widely categorized into the different types of services provided by investment banks. Here are some important kinds of investment banking-
Mergers and Acquisitions are a very significant part of investment banking which involves advising financial institutions on buying, selling, merging, or acquiring in order to achieve the financial grails of an organization such as expanding market share, entering new markets, achieving synergies, and enhancing shareholder value. Investment bankers play a crucial part in facilitating this process by providing valuable guidance and advice to corporations. Not only do investment bankers provide their advice to organizations but they are also involved in handling the complicated procedure of strategic planning, valuation, negotiation, deal structuring, documentation, regulatory approvals, shareholder approvals, and integration.
2. Capital Markets-
Capital markets are the monetary system where financial institutions, governments, and corporations indulge in the buying and selling of financial mechanisms such as stocks, bonds, and other securities. Categorized into primary and secondary market capital markets play an important role in fostering the overall financial growth of the business organizations. In the primary market investment bankers help companies raise equity capital by issuing shares of stock. Also, they play a major role in the underwriting, pricing, and distribution of these offerings to investors. In the secondary market investment bankers assist corporations in raising debt capital by issuing bonds or other debt securities. In Capital markets investment bankers play an effective role as a mediator and bridge the gap between the issuers and investors.
3. Sales and Trading-
Sales and Trading is a very important function of investment banking which bridges the gap between the investors and the investment opportunities. In the process of sales and trading, there are two functions performed in which the sales officials assist the individual or institutional clients with the buying and selling strategies for gaining profit. In the second part which is trading the clients are helped with the execution of trades of their interest. Sales and trading are a small part of the investment banking field which is placed by hedge funds and asset manager clients that are interested in the trading of stocks, bonds, derivatives, FX, and commodities.
4. Advisory Services-
Advisory services involve the procedure of providing prudent financial guidance to clients and helping them to achieve their monetary objectives. Investment bankers play a very important role in building strong financial strategies for their clients by implementing their expertise in finance and market trends.
Underwriting is one of the main services offered by Investment banks where they act as intermediaries between the issuing companies and the investors. Underwriting is the process of issuing financial securities such as stocks and bonds on behalf of governments, corporations, and other institutions. Investment bankers act as underwriters and take the responsibility of selling these securities to the investors. Investment banks evaluate the financial health and credibility of the issuing organization in order to ascertain the appropriate terms and pricing for the securities.
Apart from the above services Investment banks offer many other services to their clients such as Asset Management, Valuation Services, Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), Hedge Funds Services, etc. These services play a significant role in accelerating financial flows and helping clients achieve their business goals.
Top Institutes With Investment Banking Course Fee and Duration-
There are several Investment Banking courses available online and you can select them according to your requirements and level of understanding. Here we are going to learn about the top four online investment banking course fee and duration.
1. IIM SKILLS-
Certified Investment Banking Master Course by IIM SKILLS is one of the most well-reputed and renowned courses available online. With a duration of three months, the program includes 70+ hours of lectures, 100+ hours of practical assignments, and one month of guaranteed internship.
The Investment Banking Course consists of 8 modules that cover a wide range of topics such as MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Fundamentals of Financial Systems and Market, Derivatives Market, Technicals of Investment Banking, Different Market Collaterals, Technicals of Financial Modeling, and Business Valuation.
The Investment Banking Master Course by IIM SKILLS emphasizes strengthening the numerical and analytical skills of the students, providing them with real-time exposure to market share and stock exchange activities, and making them familiar with the current market trends.
There are no compulsory requirements needed for joining this program, however, a bachelor’s degree in the field of commerce or finance, and a basic knowledge of finance and statistics will be beneficial for a better understanding. After the completion of the course, the candidates will receive IIM SKILLS Master Investment Banking Certification, Recognized by the MSME Govt of India.
You can learn the unparalleled skills of investment banking by getting enrolled yourself into the Investment Banking Master Course by IIM Skills at the cost of INR 47,082,00.
Coursera is one of the leading global online platforms which provides more than 5800 courses and offers a range of learning opportunities for individuals along with hands-on projects and certified degree programs. It is a well-renowned learning platform that is partnered with 275 world-class universities and has 113 million learners as its members.
There are several courses available on Coursera for learning investment banking such as – Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation; Financial Markets; Investment Management; Mergers and Acquisitions; Investment Banking: M&A and Initial Public Offerings; Private Equity and Venture Capital; Advanced Valuation and Strategy – M&A, Private Equity and Venture Capital, and many more.
Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation is an intermediate-level program for which no previous experience is required. It is a part of the Mergers and Acquisitions specialization course with a duration of 11 hours approximately.
The course comprises 5 modules namely- Financial Spreads & Adjustments; Introduction to Valuation Analysis and Comparable Public Companies Analysis; Comparable Precedent Transaction Analysis; Discounted Cash Flows; and Conclusion. Students are required to pay INR 12,958 for enrolment in this program with access for three months.
Investment Management Specialization is a 5-course series with a duration of one month at 10 hours a week. The five courses included in this program are Understanding Financial Markets, Meeting Investors Goals, Portfolio, and Risk Management, Securing Investment Returns in the Long Run, and Planning Your Client’s Wealth over a 5-year Horizon. With three months of access, individuals are required to pay INR 8,037 for this program.
Mergers and Acquisitions specialization is an intermediate-level program with a duration of 2 months at 10 hours a week. This is a 6-course series specialized program namely- Finance of Mergers and Acquisitions: Valuation and Pricing; Designing an M&A Deal; Accounting for Mergers and Acquisitions: Foundations; Accounting for Mergers and Acquisitions: Advanced Topics; Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation and Investment Banking: M&A and Initial Public Offerings.
The program is available at the cost of INR 12,958 to students with access for three months. Students can select any of the above courses according to their requirements.
EDX is one of the well-renowned global online learning platforms which connects over 78 million learners worldwide. It is a prodigious program that is partnered with 250 leading institutions, runs 4300 plus online courses, and is connected with 1000 plus enterprise clients. There are various investment banking courses available on EDX and some of them are-
- Introduction to Investment Banking- It is a five-month duration program from the New York Institute of Finance that is designed to improve the financial skills of individuals. The course consists of 5 courses- Essential Career Skills for Investment Banking and Finance; Fundamentals of Financial Mathematics and Capital Budgeting; Risk Management and Credit Principles; M&A: Concepts and Theories; M&A: Structuring the Deal. The overall fee for this program is INR 52,045.
- Capital Markets– New York Institute of Finance’s Capital Markets course is a 6-month duration program that is designed to make individuals familiar with capital markets and their part in the financial industry. The program covers 5 courses- Money Markets, Foreign Exchange and Time Value of Money; Bond and Equity Markets and Financial Regulation; Equity Indexes, Valuations, and Investment Vehicles; Derivatives, Futures, Swaps, and Options; Credit Derivatives and Equity and Bond IPO. Students can join this program by paying a fee of INR 115,905.
- Derivatives Markets: Advanced Modeling and Strategies- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Derivatives Markets: Advanced Modeling and Strategies is a 12-week course that is a part of the MicroMasters Program in Finance. It is designed to make individuals well-versed with major markets and their instruments. There are several topics included in this program like- fixed income and commodity markets; forwards, futures, and options in the stock; exotic options, real options, interest rate and currency swaps; mortgages, credit risk, securitization, duration, convexity and the yield curve. The total fee for this course is INR 37,389.
Apart from the above investment banking programs, there are several other courses available on EDX and students can select any of them according to their learning level and requirements.
Udemy is a well-renowned online learning and education platform that connects with 64 million learners and offers 210,000 courses including investment banking courses. Here are a few investment banking courses available on Udemy-
- The Complete Investment Banking Course 2023- This is a well-detailed course that is designed to provide individuals with a complete knowledge of investment banking and the financial industry. The course covers each and every aspect of investment banking such as Capital Markets, Advisory, Trading and Brokerage, Asset Management, Initial Public Offerings, Seasoned Offerings, Mergers and acquisitions, Restructurings, Trading Instruments, Asset Management Vehicles, and more. With a duration of 13.5 hours, the program is available to individuals at a cost of INR 389.
- The Complete Financial Analyst Training & Investing Course- With a duration of 23 hours this course is designed to provide individuals with the skills and learning of managing a portfolio, building financial models, using technical analysis and so much more. The course covers topics like- The World Bank and Inflation; The International Monetary Fund, GDP and Why this Matters to Financial Analysts; M&A (Mergers and acquisitions); Portfolio Management, and more. The total fee for the program is INR 799.
- Intro to Investment Banking, M&A, IPO, Modeling + Free Book- It is a beginner-level course with a duration of 2 hours. The course is designed to provide individuals with the fundamentals of investment banking firms, IPO, and financial market. The program covers several topics like the valuation of private companies; M&A Introduction; Valuation of public firms; The Anatomy of an IPO and more. Individuals can access this course by paying INR 389.
Apart from the above Udemy offers several other courses on investment banking. Individuals can select these courses depending on their expertise and prerequisites.
Careers in Investment Banking-
Apart from having an understanding of the investment banking course fee and duration, it is important to learn about the career prospects of Investment Banking which is an expeditious and highly competitive field that requires strong analytical skills, financial expertise, and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment. Here are some of the investment banking jobs and careers:
- Vice President
- Director/ Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Specialist
- Capital Markets Specialist
- Corporate Finance Advisor
- Sector Specialist
- Debt and Equity Capital Raising Specialist
- Restructuring Advisor
- Sales and Trading Professional
- Risk Management Specialist:
- Compliance Officer
- Quantitative Analyst (Quant)
Check here the other best investment banking courses:
- Investment Banking Courses in India
- Investment Banking Courses in Delhi
- Investment Banking Courses in Mumbai
- Investment Banking Courses in Bangalore
- Investment Banking Courses in Pune
Benefits of Learning Investment Banking Courses- Investment Banking Course Fee and Duration
Investment banking is a complex mechanism that involves multiple functions and services. In order to succeed and grow individuals require certain skills and knowledge in the field of investment banking. Hence, investment banking programs do provide students with all the relevant skills and techniques beforehand. Let’s go through some of the advantages of investment banking courses.
- Learning investment banking courses can provide an individual with some essential and in-depth knowledge of financial concepts, markets, instruments, and strategies. This knowledge plays a very important role in improving the overall competency of an individual in the field of investment banking.
- Investment banking courses enhance the practical skills of an individual such as financial modeling, valuation techniques, market research, and data analysis. Learning these valuable skills enables students to grow their careers and prosper in the financial industry.
- Studying investment banking from a renowned institution can give you a competitive edge in the job market.
- The financial industry is transforming continuously and learning investment banking helps you develop the ability to acclimatize to the changing market conditions, regulations, and technologies.
- A degree or specialization from a well-reputed institution can serve as a strong foundation for the career advancement of an individual in the field of investment banking.
- Investment banking programs often invite guest speakers and offer workshops conducted by industry professionals which provides relevant exposure to financial enthusiasts for inheriting valuable insights into the current market trends and practices.
- A degree or certification in investment banking from an esteemed institution can enhance the credibility and reputation of an individual in the financial industry. These certifications are of immense value while working with clients who give importance to professional qualifications.
Here Are Some Frequently Asked Questions Related to Investment Banking Course Fee and Duration-
Here are the FAQs related to investment banking course fee and duration
1. Are there any free investment banking courses available?
Yes, there are several free investment banking courses available online that provide valuable insights into the industry and its key concepts. Some of the top investment banking courses available online are Investment Banking Preparation– Udemy; Essential Career Skills for Investment Banking and Finance- edX; Introduction to Investment Banking- Alison; Investment Banking- Great Learning; Investment Banking Management- Coursera; Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation- Coursera; Investment Banking: Merger and Acquisition (M&A) and Initial Public Offerings (IPO)- Coursera. For better information and details of the programs, it is advisable to visit the websites of these online learning platforms.
2. Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in an investment banking course?
Prerequisites for enrolling in an investment banking course can vary depending on the specific course, institution, and level of the course (beginner, intermediate, advanced). Beginner-level programs may not require any finance background, however, for enrolling in the intermediate and advanced level courses you may require a finance background and knowledge in the investment banking field. Most of the programs do ask for a bachelor’s degree in finance or other related fields; proficiency in mathematics and strong quantitative skills; and basic knowledge of finance, economics, and business studies. It is always better to check with the institute for a better knowledge of the requirements of the particular program you are interested in.
3. Will an investment banking course guarantee a job in the industry?
Completing an investment banking course from any institute does not guarantee a job, however, these programs can definitely strengthen your financial knowledge, skills, and credentials. Also, a degree or a specialization from a well-reputed institute helps you to build a stature in the finance industry. Investment banking courses can provide you with valuable skills, knowledge, and insights into the financial industry along with networking and placement opportunities in the area of investment banking. For a decent job or career in investment banking, candidates must combine their educational efforts, knowledge, and practical skills with strong and proactive job-searching strategies.
4. What is the investment banking course fee and duration?
The investment banking course fee and duration entirely depend on the level of the program, course content, and the institution offering the program. Short-term workshops and webinars that focus on some specific topics can range from a few hours to a few days. Online investment banking courses may last from a few weeks to a few months. It entirely depends on the length and syllabus of the program. Certificate courses provide an in-depth coverage of the syllabus and may range from a few months to a year.
Several institutions offer diplomas in investment banking which may last from six months to one year. Whereas Master’s courses and MBA programs in finance range from one year to a two-year duration. Likewise, the fee of the investment banking program can range from as low as $50 to several thousand dollars. Therefore, online investment banking course fee and duration depend totally on its level and content. Before selecting an investment banking course, it is always better to keep in mind your requirements, budget, goals, and career aspirations. The right program can always provide you with an upper edge in the investment banking career and help you thrive in the complex world of the financial industry.
Final Thoughts on Investment Banking Course Fee and Duration-
In the modern era, everyone wants to succeed, and investment banking is one of the fields that offers some great opportunities for individuals to flourish financially. Hence, it is one of the most in-demand careers today and several intuitions offer eminent programs in the field of investment banking. From short-term workshops and online courses to detailed diploma and master’s programs including investment banking course fee and duration, aspiring professionals have a range of choices when it comes to shaping their investment banking education and career.
These programs offer essential knowledge, analytical skills, and industry insights to the students which are invaluable for prospering in the field of investment banking. Apart from the above-mentioned online platforms, there are various other well-renowned institutes offering investment banking courses such as Investment Banking Institute; Wall Street Prep; Khan Academy: Wharton Online – University of Pennsylvania; New York Institute of Finance; Skillshare; and Corporate Finance Institute (CFI).
You can get all the required details of the investment banking course fee and duration on their website. Before stepping into the financial world and selecting an investment banking program it is always better to evaluate your requirements, learning preferences, and career goals. The right course will not only enhance your skills and knowledge but will also provide you with a number of opportunities to grow and thrive in the field of investment banking. Please share your comments if you have found this article on investment banking course fee and duration helpful. So, this was the guide regarding the top investment banking course fee and duration details.