Quite literally, Investment Banking is one of the highest-paying jobs in the Finance industry. Surely, it comes with its own Merits and Demerits, perse it makes you a highly skilled individual with perfect knowledge of complex market conditions except for their long and exhaustive working hours which most likely are a cause of discontent. Investment Banking is a vast concept and is considered one of the most challenging courses to pursue, which is why we have a list of the top rewarding investment banking certificate courses that will help you pave the way to the top.
What Is Investment Banking?
Investment Banking is a type of banking that provides financial assistance to an organization or an individual by helping them raise their capital so that their profit is maximized. The people who work in Investment Banks are called Investment Bankers. In simple words, you as an investment banker would be a financial advisor to any of the organizations or an individual.
Not only that, but these banks also operate on Research, Trading, Brokerage commissions, and Sales. The work carried out by investment bankers consists of managing clients’ money, advising clients on major transactions, selling the shares and securities of a company to the public, and much more.
Investment Banking is a particularly broad concept, this is just a gist of it, the more you get into it. the better you would be able to understand.
Is Investment Banking The Correct Choice For You?
It takes a fair amount of dedication and effort to be able to become an Investment Banker. An investment banker should be well-versed in market conditions, which means constantly keeping yourself updated, researching, and studying. An investment banker has to talk and convince plenty of clients, and generate sales which is why they should have well-equipped communication skills.
Investment Banking involves a lot of complex concepts, any person trying to get into this field must know how to clearly understand these topics. Since these people make decisions based on facts, numbers, and research they need to have excellent analytical reasoning to make the right call.
They don’t have to be Math geniuses but they most certainly have to be up to the mark. It is not necessary to be just perfect with everything mentioned above, but hard work and focus can pave your way right to the top.
Investment Bankers work more than 80 hours per week, so if you are looking for work that has fixed and flexible numbers of hours then Investment Banking might not be the right choice for you.
Who All Can Pursue Investment Banking?
- Anyone who has completed 10+2 can start pursuing investment banking.
- An Individual with a bachelor’s degree in any of the commerce-related fields like Finance, Accounts, Economics, or Business Administration.
- A Postgraduate degree with MBA in Finance will provide you with a strong foundation for your career in Investment Banking.
- A CFA ( Chartered Financial Analyst ), also one of the most in-demand career fields in the finance industry can help you get into Investment Banking
There is no particular degree you have to get for Investment Banking, nor is there an age limit to pursue it. A 30-year-old can pursue Investment banking, with the basic requirement being a bachelor’s degree, but it is nearly impossible to get into investment banking this late into your career unless you have a keen interest and are willing to put in all the extra effort, with focus and determination, anything is possible. There are also these 8 rewarding Investment Banking certificate courses that can help you reach your goal.
8 Best Investment Banking Certificate Courses:
1. Imarticus Learning
Imarticus Learning is a leading Ed-Tech company, which provides quality education in many fields like Finance, Analytics, Technology, and Marketing. They offer certificate courses with an 80% placement success rate. Their in-depth and skill-relevant teaching makes it an excellent course to pursue.
Get yourself enrolled and you might see yourself working in some of the top investment banks. It does offer one of the best and in-demand investment banking certificate courses.
Course Name – Certified Investment Banking Operations Professional (CIBOP) which is in partnership with the London stock exchange.
About the Course –
- The course is open to anyone who has graduated with 0-3 years of work experience.
- Their curriculum consists of 14 modules, divided into 3 levels.
- They offer interactive online and offline sessions.
- They offer both weekdays and weekend classes to fit your requirements.
- Class duration is 2 months for weekday classes and 3 months for weekend classes.
- 100% assured job placements.
- 150 hours of course.
- Access to their online Learning Management Systems.
- A certificate of completion.
- Their team experts will help you with your CVs and resume.
- 5 Interviews with the Top leading organizations in the finance industry.
Course Fee – 1,40,000 INR all-inclusive taxes.
Their Top recruiters are J.P Morgan, Standard Chartered, BarClays, Citi Bank, RBS, genpact, ICICI Bank, AXIS BANK, Motilal Ostwald, and many more.
Imarticus Learning headquarters is located at Andheri (East), Mumbai.
Also Read: Investment Banking Courses in Hyderabad
2. Data Trained
Data Trained is a highly established ed-tech company, offering programs and courses associated with modern technology that are expected to grow in the near future like Cloud Computing. Data Science, Investment Banking, Management, Artificial intelligence, Digital marketing, and much more.
They cater to high-quality and excellent educational teaching and are globally recognized. They provide practical and skill-based education to prepare individuals for the real world. It offers excellent investment banking certificate courses.
Course Name – PG Program in Investment Banking and Financial Modelling.
About the Course –
- The program is offered to an individual who is in the last year of their bachelor’s degree or after completion of their degree with a work experience of 0-3 years.
- Both weekdays and weekend classes are available as per your convenience.
- Classes are in an online format.
- High-rated teaching Faculty to help you all along the way.
- A certificate of completion.
- The course includes 13 modules and 10 case studies and projects.
- 200+ hours of the program.
- 100% Job surety.
- Program Duration – 6 months.
- Get your Portfolio and CVs polished with the help of their supportive faculty.
- Receive counseling sessions and mock interviews with hiring managers.
Course Fees – 90,000 INR + GST
Placement Success Rate – 50,000 INR
Get recruited by top companies such as YES BANK, RBS, HDFC BANK , Bank of America, Indian Bank, Accenture, Optum, Cognier, Aures, ICICI Lombard, Joveo, KPMG, Redington and many more.
Data Trained headquarters is located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
3. NSE India
NSE (National Stock Exchange) is one of the major stock exchanges in India. In 2016, NSE launched its Educational Academy, “NSE Academy” in India to promote financial knowledge as an important life skill. They offer programs in numerous finance and banking-related fields.
They even put into action various finance courses and certifications in schools after partnering with state and national school boards as a way to improve India’s financial and banking literacy. They provide investment banking certificate courses.
Course Name – PGCM (Post Graduate Certificate in Management) in Investment Banking offered by NSE Academy.
About the course –
- The duration of the course is 15 months.
- There are 4 terms, and each term will run for 3 months.
- 12 months of painstaking training accompanied by 3 months of the corporate internship program.
- Students in the final year of their bachelor’s degree or students who have already completed their graduation, securing 50% marks are eligible to apply for the program.
- Get 2 NCFM (NSE Academy Certification in Financial Market) and 1 regulatory certificate with a course completion certificate.
Course Fees – 5,90,000 INR
Top recruiters are Morgan Stanley, Vistaar Finance, ICICI Prudential, Chola, Svatantra, HDFC Mutual Funds, Probe, Ujjivan, ICICI Bank, Hexagon Health, ESAF, BajajCapital, AXIS BANK, ANZ.
4. The wall street school
The wall street school founded in 2009, is an exclusive training institution in the finance industry. It was made to bridge the gap between an individual and the practical knowledge required in the finance domain. Their faculty consists of professional CA’s, CFA, and Investment Bankers to make sure an individual gets the finest quality education. They too offer investment banking certificate courses.
Course Name – Financial Modelling course.
About the Course –
- Live online classes as well as online self-paced videos.
- 10 modules.
- Course Duration has 2 options: Live online classes on weekdays are for a duration of 6 weeks and weekend classes are for a duration of 2.5 months, so you can choose whichever suits your requirement.
- 180+ hours of the program.
- They provide 100% job placement.
- Offers practical training to solve real-life business problems.
Course fees – 6-week online training – 45,000 INR + GST
2.5 month weekend classes – 42,000 INR + GST
Online self-paced classes – 23,500 INR + GST.
Their top recruiters include Grant Thorton, EY, WNS, JP Morgan, Moody’s Analytics, HDFC BANK, FitchRatings, AURUM, PWC, mCUBE, Deloitte, genpact, Deutsche Bank, Thomson Reuters, and more.
The wall street school headquarters is located in New Delhi.
5. CFI Education
CFI (Corporate Finance Institute) is an international institution. It has one of the best investment banking courses with the use of Advanced Excel. Due to their financial modules and practical skills, CFI’s alumni are more set apart than all other certificate holders. All the programs and certificates have also been offered by top universities, investment banks, and other companies.
Course Name – Certificate in Investment Banking and Research (CIBR).
About the Investment Banking Certificate Courses
- Live Online/ Classroom Training classes and self-paced video lectures are also offered.
- 22 Classes program.
- 120+ hours of live training
- Assignments are given after an explanation of each topic
- Regular assessment tests.
- The support team for building a resume and CV
- 100% placement surety.
- Project and real business work.
- Get assistance while interview prep and mock interviews.
- A certificate of completion
- Basic to Advance Excel and MS PowerPoint Training are included in the course.
Course Fees – Classroom/Live Online Classes – 45,000 INR exclusive of all taxes.
Self Paced Video Lectures – 30,000 INR exclusive of all taxes.
Top Recruiters are DUFF & PHELPS, visible Alpha, ARE Ratings, YES BANK, IHS Markit, CIANS, wipro, S&P Global, Ameriprise Financial, silverskills, pwc, WNS, and various more.
CFI Education headquarters is located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Also Read: Investment Banking Courses in the UK
A company like Coursera has brought up a significant change in education in this coming age, anyone who knows how to make proper use of technology can go places. Everything is easily accessible, all you need is good internet. Coursera is an American-based online courses/programs provider company.
Coursera has thousands of programs you can take up online. There is no age limit for pursuing the course you like. Anyone can access these courses without any restrictions. Not to mention the amount of education available to you at the minimum price or in some cases no price. Yes, you heard it right some of the courses on Coursera are free.
Their Classes are self-paced, you can learn something new and fascinating every day and the best part about it is the certificate you receive after the completion of your course. It is truly a place where you can study unlimited, lifelong, gain new skills, and develop yourself with these courses. The course duration on Coursera can go from 2 hrs to 4 years.
Likely, there are about 100 Investment Banking courses available on Coursera, some of them affiliated with the top universities.
Some of the related investment banking certificate courses in Coursera are –
- Investment Banking: Financial Analysis and Valuation- Offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital- offered by Universita’ Bocconi.
- Investment Management- Offered by the University of Geneva.
- Mergers and Acquisitions- Offered by the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign.
- Financial Markets- Yale University.
edX is also an online course provider platform, edX partners with the best universities like Harvard and MIT ( Massachusetts Institute of Technology) to provide us with a high-quality education. edX has courses available from the most basic ones to the most complex ones.
Certified courses from online platforms like these have the same weightage on your resume as any other Certified courses. The best advantage of courses provided by online platforms is there are no limitations, you are open to learning and educating yourself as much as you want to and as and when you find it convenient.
Many of the courses can be learned for free and most of them are accessible at minimal fees. You can take the courses you are interested in, to upskill yourself and have an outstanding understanding of your field of interest.
Some related investment banking certificate courses offered are –
- Essential Career Skills for Investment Banking & Finance Course.
- Introduction to Investment Banking Professional Certificate.
- Derivatives Markets: Advanced Modelling and Strategies.
- Sustainable Corporate Financing.
- Corporate Finance.
Udemy is an Ed-Tech company offering online courses and programs, by instructors who have something to teach and impart their knowledge. It is very easy to use udemy due to the clarity of content. It evidently explains to you what the course offers and what is the class duration.
It is a well-established online learning platform with skillfully explained courses. It has a unique feature of courses in different languages, which means anyone can comfortably gain knowledge, and have conceptual clarity of the particular topic.
Online educational platforms like these have opened up ample opportunities for individuals to learn something new every day. People who make fine use of these technologies and programs will most likely be abundantly successful.
Some of the investment banking certificate courses Offered by Udemy –
- The Complete Investment Banking Course 2023.
- Investment Banking and Finance: Private Equity Finance.
- The Complete Financial Analyst Training and Investment Course.
- Investment Banking and Finance: Venture Capital Fundraising.
- Investment Banking: The Complete Financial Ratio Analysis.
On The Whole:
Investment Banking is fascinating to people who like to have a clear motive, have fierce goals, and are immensely attentive.
Investment Banking is basically a very challenging job, it is something you should consider only after looking at all its pros and cons. The biggest advantage of being an investment banker is the amount of money you are going to earn while climbing each step to the top. It’s going to help you make a plethora of connections.
You are going to gain immense knowledge and expertise during your course of work.
The biggest disadvantage would be that Investment Bankers are always toiling away and have appalling personal and work-life balances. Many people face the problem of getting stuck in the middle and having trouble getting to the top. Even the exit opportunities from investment banking are very limited so one has to be extremely cautious.
If you like working in a highly competitive and paced environment, then investment banking might just be for you, and the above-listed Investment banking certificate courses undoubtedly would be a big help to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Investment Banking Certificate Courses
1. What do investment Bankers do?
Individuals who work in investment banks are called Investment Bankers and they carry out banking operations that are totally different from all other commercial banks. Investment Bankers are concerned with providing financial advice and generating sales for other organizations. They make decisions on behalf of the client so that their profit is maximized. There are two sides to investment banking: The sell side and the buy side.
Investment Bankers on the sell side advise clients on major transactions and handle IPO(Initial Public Offering) where private companies sell their shares and securities to the public to raise capital. The Investment bankers on the buy side look after security trade, manage clients’ money, and make decisions on their investment and their main goal is to achieve maximum return. Unlike commercial banks who earn profit through Interest, fees, and charges, investment bankers earn profit from commission, fees, and trading profit and loss.
2. How much is the demand for Investment Bankers?
Investment Bankers are almost always in demand since they understand complex financial markets and have good analytical reasoning. Investment Bankers make decisions on how much and when to invest money in an organization or a project. Investment Banker needs to be at par with their skills to exceed and stand out in the industry. Simply speaking, you need to be the best at what you do to be in demand in the industry. The Investment Banking market is expected to grow to $231 Billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 10.4%, a source tells and with these best investment banking certificate courses you can upskill yourself to be the best.
3. Starting salary of Investment Bankers?
The starting salary of an investment banker who has no prior work experience in the finance industry can start from 1.8 Lakhs per annum, which is 15k per month. As you go above and start walking the stairs to a higher position your salary will gradually increase. The average salary of an investment banker is around 12.5 Lakhs per annum. The above-average high salary of an investment banker in India can go up to 38 Lakhs per annum. The investment banking certificate courses given above also have an upstanding impact on your resume. Individuals who are at the top level of the Investment Banking chain like Vice presidents, Managing Directors, etc their salary can go around 60 Lakhs per annum.
4. Is it difficult to become an Investment Banker?
Investment Banking is a rigorous job for sure, mostly because of the stressful nature and long working hours the job demands, but it comes with its own advantages. It requires attention to detail, an understanding of complicated financial markets, up-to-mark mathematics skills, extensive market research, well-equipped communication skills, and interest to learn and understand everything investment banking demands of you. So if you are willing to put in your efforts with focus and determination then becoming an investment banker might just get a tad bit easy for you and your hard work would surely pay off.
5. How do I get into Investment banking?
The basic requirement to get into Investment Banking is a bachelor’s degree in any of the commerce-related fields. Anyone else belonging to any other field can take the top 8 investment banking certificate courses to start and get into investment banking. Postgraduates with MBA in Finance, a CFA, or a CA can get into Investment Banking.
The earliest a person can get into Investment Banking is the last year of their bachelor’s degree, the latest a person can get into Investment banking is when they are already in another sector for years wanting to pursue investment banking, in that case, it is extremely difficult but not entirely impossible if you are honesty willing to work hard and consider all the benefits and drawbacks and still go for it, it might be possible.
6. Which are the Top Investment Banks?
Top Investment banks are –
- JPMorgan Chase
- Goldman Sachs
- Citigroup Best
- Morgan Stanely
- Bank of America
- Credit Suisse