A 2021 PIB Delhi report states that Kerala registered a GST revenue of ₹1,827 Crores in March 2021, setting a record increase of 24% compared to March 2020. On the other hand, the state received a GST compensation of ₹ 1,378 Crores last year. Your forte may be financed. But understanding such GST reports requires you to have some aptitude about the GST regime. And if you are living in the state capital, it is best to look for top GST certification courses in Trivandrum. While you gain the required expertise, you can become a certified GST professional.
An Overview Of GST
The Indian Government introduced the GST Act in 2017, intending to streamline indirect taxes levied for goods and services across the country and uphold the notion of the “One Nation-One Tax market.” The primary objective underlying the entire concept of GSTisto simplify and justify the tax framework, ease out tax compliance onus, raise the tax base, and eventually cut down the final rates of goods and services.
GST Types in India
When you become a certified GST Practitioner, you will come across the following four types of GST:
- Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST)
- State Goods and Services Tax (SGST)
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST)
- Union Territory Goods and Services (UTGST)
Benefits of The Indirect Tax, GST
- GST is a collective form of all taxation types, including Service Tax and Central Excise, to name a few. Hence GST has emerged as a unified form of tax on any goods and services, which effectively reduces the compliance burden on taxpayers.
- Businesses with a turnover below 20 Lakhs get exemption from this indirect tax. Thus, the implementation of GST has assisted small traders in growing their businesses with enhanced economic opportunity in a vying market.
- India has several unorganized sectors, such as textile, primarily due to multiple parties’ involvement and high production volume. But, with the GST Act in place, these unregulated businesses can pay their taxes online, thus creating liability and an organized tax payment method.
- Overall, GST has successfully reformed the Indian tax system, enabling substantial growth in the country’s GDP.
Once you enroll in one of the best GST certification courses in Trivandrum, you will better understand the subject and all such facets associated with it.
Purpose of Enrolling in A GST Certification Courses in Trivandrum
- The GST Council keeps revising aspects, such as tax rates, GST policies, and modes of claiming GST funds. Top GST certification courses in Trivandrum keep updating their course syllabus, aligning with the recent developments and changes in the GST program. So, when you become a certified GST Practitioner, you will be up-to-date about this subject and thus job-ready.
- The GST Act brought about an assertive change in the taxation policy. And till date, companies continue to hire experts with excellent GST knowledge. Market experts predict the GST regime will pave the way for over 1 Lakh job opportunities in specializations such as taxation and accounting. After completing a competent GST certification course, you will be the expert who best fits high-pay job profiles under the GST rule.
- Once you get certified and have an in-depth knowledge of the concept of GST, you may explore avenues of starting your tax consultancy. Though it’s been close to five years since the introduction of the GST Act, businesses still face issues while filing taxes and making GST payments. If you are GST certified, you can use such opportunities and offer consultation services to such companies. You may manage their GST payments while strictly adhering to the GST regulations.
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Madurai
Who Can Apply for GST Certification Courses in Trivandrum?
If you are a graduate or post-graduate aiming to crack the GSTP exam to become a Practitioner, you may enroll in a GST certification course. On the other hand, you may be planning to switch to the taxation domain to build a career with excellent prospects.
In such a scenario, registering for top-rated GST certification courses in Trivandrum can help you achieve your professional goals in taxation and successfully become a certified GST Practitioner. And if you are a CA, finance professional, or practicing law, you may take up this course to understand the entire concept of GST more effectively.
If you are interested in the taxation domain, you can have a promising career as a GST Practitioner or Professional; the GST regime offers lucrative opportunities. But to use the situation for your benefit, you need to ensure you sharpen your skills, such as:
- Knowledge about GST Law
- Analytical skills to manage real-time issues
- Awareness about GSTN portal to perform tasks, such as return filing, registration, refund filing
- Understanding how GST works for different industries
The best GST certification courses in Trivandrum can help you acquire this skill set. And you may seek the below job profiles once you complete your GST certification.
- Taxation Research Analyst
- Taxation Manager
- GST Legal Practice
- GST Practitioner
At an entrant level, you may earn around 0.2 Lakhs a year. However, once your years of experience increase, your pay scale will gradually improve; you can earn 5 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs per annum. And when you become a Taxation Manager, you can expect an annual income of around 13 Lakhs.
On the other hand, if you strive towards setting up your consultancy, you may advertise your company and expand your customer base. And if you offer the best taxation services to leading businesses, your profit margins will surely skyrocket.
How to Become A Certified GST Practitioner
You have to appear for the GST Practitioner (GSTP) exam, conducted twice a year by NACIN. Typically, NACIN notifies you about the exam schedule, and you get two years to complete the assessment. While you need to meet the qualifications criteria, you also have to pass a few conditions to fill out the application for the GSTP exam.
You have to be an Indian citizen and should not be a convict for an offense with two or more years of imprisonment. Also, you should have a sound mind. Once you clear the exam, you earn a GSTP license. And you need to register on the GSTN portal to start your practice.
But for scoring well, you have to gain and keep updating your knowledge about all the crucial aspects that cover the entire concept of GST, the indirect tax. And for that, you need to find the leading GST certification courses in Trivandrum and choose the one that offers a training curriculum best suitable for your learning requirements.
Top 5 GST Certification Courses in Trivandrum
Now that you know a fair deal about GST and the career prospects in this field, here’s a lineup of the top-rated GST certification courses in Trivandrum you may explore. You can find the course highlights and syllabus details that each elite institute offers, which will help you decide the best suitable option. However, the suggestion is to contact the institute and gather as many details as possible. It will enable you to compare their offerings with better clarity and make the most rational final decision.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills offers world-class professional courses, and their online GST Practitioner Certification Course is one of their top programs. Their USP is their focus on the practical facets of GST, from the basic to the most advanced levels. You may contact their customer representatives to know about the eligibility criteria for the training.
This training, which ranks among the leading GST certification courses in Trivandrum, will help you gain extensive knowledge about GST and understand its overall structure. You will have a grip over various processes under GST, from registration to filing of returns. And with an in-depth understanding of GST provisions, you can become job-ready.
GST Certification Course Highlights
- 16 hours of self-study lectures, with practical assignments and weekly assessments
- Access to industry best e-books, tools, and software
- Lifetime access through live and recorded training sessions
- GST course material with a lifetime validity
- Highly competent GST course trainers
- Industry-relevant and updated GST course content
- Live doubt resolution
- Weekdays and weekend sessions for your convenience
- Guidance for becoming a certified GST Practitioner
- MSME Government of India recognized Master GST Certification from the institute.
- Dedicated placement cell
- Round the clock online support
- The Provenance and Concept of GST and Its Impact on Trades
- GST Framework
- Registration Criteria and Process under GST
- GST Invoicing Rules and Regulations
- GST Return Filing
- Composition Plan Under GST
- E-Way Bill Under GST
- Input Tax Credit and Payment
While IIM SKILLS offers freelance opportunities, its updated curriculum and guaranteed extensive learning experience will ensure you are job-ready. You can pursue top job profiles, including tax consultants, accounts managers, tax filing experts, and tax analysts. You will gain competence in aspects such as GST health check of a business and TDS compliance, which will help you start your consultancy business.
The institute is partners with 300+ corporates, and their dedicated placement cell will provide you with interview assistance to get a job once you get certified. You can also get the best guidance for successfully clearing the GSTP exam conducted by NACIN and becoming a qualified GST Practitioner.
Course Fee: Rs. 2,900 + GST
Contact Details: +91 9911839503
The Gulati Institute of Finance and Taxation, or GIFT, is an autonomous institution recognized by the Kerala Government. It offers a Post Graduate Diploma in GST (PGD-GST), one of the top-ranking GST training programs. The minimum qualification for enrollment is to have a degree in B. Com, BBA, BSc, or equivalent.
You are also an eligible candidate if you are a law graduate, a post-graduate, CA, CMA, CS, or hold a PGDT of GIFT or CTS. And once you receive your Training Certificate from the institution after completing 120-hours of the training program, you may appear for their PGD-GST exam.
Their course focuses on addressing the continuous demand of industries for certified and skilled GST professionals, such as tax Practitioners and accountants. You will gain practical skills while learning different facets of the GST Act, including procedures and accounting, much in demand among businesses.
GST Certification Course Highlights
- 120 hours – training sessions through classroom and online mode
- Option to choose from 2 streams of the training program, weekdays and weekends
- Training Certificate issued after the completion of the 120-hours training program
- Fees concession for a specific category of applicants with required qualifications
- GST: Law and Practice – I and II
- IGST: Law and Practice
- Accounting and Management for GST
- Taxation Economics and General Laws
You will have to clear five exams to earn the degree at GIFT. These are 3 hours assessments for 100 marks each. When you undergo such robust training, you will master every aspect of the GST regime, from constitutional provisions, tax invoicing, and anti-evasion measures to accounting error rectifications. You will acquire adequate skills to explore career prospects in the public and private sectors.
Course Fee: Rs. 20,060 (You can pay in a lump sum or three installments) + Rs 900 for each exam.
Contact Details: 91 471-2596970, 2596980, 2590880
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Kolkata
If you are searching for the best Tally with GST certification courses in Trivandrum, ACTE’s Tally with GST Training can be an ideal solution. They offer the best-in-class training, including theory and practical modules, assignment submissions, resume and interview preparation, and certification. You will learn concepts, such as accounting, GST, and filing tax returns, while gaining knowledge in Tally software and other advanced tools.
GST Certification Course Highlights
- 40+ hours of hands-on training
- Industry expert trainers
- 3+live projects and 25+ assignments for practical training
- Lifetime access to course material
- Convenient training program options – Classroom batch, one-to-one, online, and customized
- Certification guidance
- A complete job-oriented training
While their curriculum covers advanced Tally ERP 9 modules, they focus on critical concepts associated with GST and taxation. Some of the top ones include GST, TDS, VAT, CST, interest calculations, and bank reconciliation. Also, you will better understand the GST laws, including vouchers and invoices, as the Tally software training sessions remain compliant with the GST regime.
The institute proudly associates with top MNCs, such as HCL, Google, CTS, and IBM. It enables them to help you get placed in these companies once you complete your training. Furthermore, ACTE has a dedicated placement support cell; you may seek their assistance while exploring lucrative job opportunities. The experts at this center also help you prepare for your interviews through mock sessions and ensure you get your aspired job in the GST domain.
Course Fee: Rs. 12,000 for online training; Rs. 15,000 for one-to-one training
Contact Details: + 91 9383399991
4. BSE Institute Limited
BSE Institute Limited is a subsidiary concern of BSE Ltd. If you wish to specialize and update your competence in the GST domain, this institute’s Certificate Program on GST will top the list of GST certification courses in Trivandrum. Once you complete this course, you can have your career in niches such as accounting, supply chain optimization, and tax compliance.
The reason is GST Act imposition has changed the dynamics of these areas. You can enhance your skills in core facets of GST, including tax invoices, tax payments, and returns filing.
GST Certification Course Highlights
- Four days of extensive training
- A total of 20 hours of learning, from 10 am to 5.30 pm
- Online demo of GST registration and all the GST returns
- Participation certificate after the completion of training
- Assessment and certification, managed by the institute post completion of all training modules
- GST Overview
- Understanding the Nature of Supply
- Time and Value of Supply
- Location of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice, Credit and Debit notes
- Accounts and Ledgers
- Tax Payment
This course is perfect if you are a fresher or a professional in the financial services sector, stockbroker, or investment banker. And when you complete their self and provisional assessments and assessments for scrutiny of returns and accounting entries in GST, you become a certified GST professional. So, with the required qualification and a GST certificate, you can pursue your desired job profile in the GST regime.
Course Fee: Contact the program coordinator
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Pune
5. ICA Edu Skills Trivandrum
This institute offers one of the best GST certification courses in Trivandrum. Their hands-on training is robust and capable of making you a certified GST expert that top businesses look for when recruiting GST professionals. They conduct classroom training sessions with high-end computers and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
GST Certification Course Highlights
- 27 hours of training
- Definitions under the GST Act
- GST payment to the Government
- Pass entries relating to GST
- Calculation of taxable value of services
- Computation of payable GST
- Fundamental Concepts of GST
- Tax Levy and Collection
- Tax Payment
- GST Using Tally
- Practice for GSTN
- GST-based Project
When you complete this certification course, you will have an in-depth understanding of GST, input tax credit utilization, GST registration, and compliance, filing GST returns, and E-way bills and invoicing. Moreover, the curriculum covers topics that will help you gain practical knowledge about all the processes in the GST regime, from registration to return filing.
It will, without a doubt, help you pursue high-paying jobs in this field more confidently. On the other hand, ICA has placement cells in over 30 cities. And they can assist you with placements, provided you have a degree and successfully clear all the assessments the institute conducts during the course.
Course Fee: Need to contact the ICA customer representative for further details
Contact Details: +91 8335069981
FAQs related to GST Certification courses in Trivandrum
Q1. What is the qualification for applying for the GSTP exam?
It would be best if you had a degree in Commerce, Law, or Banking from an Indian University. You may also have a degree from a Foreign University, considered equivalent to a degree in the fields mentioned above by any Indian University. And you are eligible if you clear the final examination of the ICAI, ICSI, or ICMAI exam.
Q2. Can a GST certification course help clear the GSTP exam?
A competent GST certification course covers all the topics under GST and helps you prepare for the GSTP exam in the best way possible through theoretical and practical sessions.
Q3. What are the roles of a GST Practitioner?
A GST Practitioner should represent clients, file GST forms, and file refund claims for clients. And if clients request, they should apply for GST registration amendment or cancellation.
Q4. Is the career scope for a GST Practitioner good?
Every business in India has to abide by the GST rules. And so, a GST Practitioner has better prospects of landing at a high-paying job across various verticals.
For viable career growth as a GST Practitioner and to be a step ahead of your peers, it always helps to do a GST certification course. You may check out the top GST certification courses in Trivandrum mentioned in the previous section. But to find your best option, you may prioritize your learning prerequisites.
Decide whether you want introductory or advanced level training in GST, online or offline sessions. Determine what kind of practical training you wish to undergo, and most importantly, your budget. You may attend the demo sessions offered by the institutes; they will clear most of your queries. Once you find the ideal course and earn your GST certificate, you are sure to have an impressive career as a GST expert.