A financial model is a tool built on MS Excel to forecast a business’s financial performance and predict the future. The forecasting is done based on historical data available, and then the assumptions are made to predict probable finance. It involves preparing an income statement, profit and loss account, and balance sheet. More advanced models like discounted cash flows, Mergers and Acquisitions, leveraged buyout, and sensitivity analysis are built from this. To learn these financial modeling techniques, you can enroll in institutes providing financial modeling courses in Ahmedabad listed below.
Why Choose Financial Modeling Course?
Financial Analysts use financial Models to predict the financial health of an organization. A Financial Analyst is required to build a financial model, it is a prerequisite for a job in investment banking, credit rating, and risk management. The students who aspire to join the big financial companies should take the Financial Modeling courses in Ahmedabad, which will prepare them to put their best and give them an edge over other candidates while setting a foot forward in the corporate world.
The Financial Model Is Used for Various Purposes; Some of Them Are Listed Below:
- Raising capital
- Making acquisition
- Helping the business to grow organically
- Valuation of business for mergers and acquisition
- Financial statement analysis and ratio analysis
- Management Accounting
What Are the Advantages of Doing a Financial Modeling Course?
Some of the major advantages of Financial Modeling are listed below:
1. A Better Understanding of the Business:
While making a company’s financial model, it is important to consider the external and internal factors that impact its business. Also, due diligence is required while preparing one, as wrong inputs can create wrong results. A financial model helps understand a business and its core functionalities and prepares the company for the competition against its peers.
2. Help in Deciding Funding Strategy:
Financial Models help a company ascertain its cash flow requirements. While expanding a business, a financial model helps a company see if it can afford the expansion or the need for borrowing.
3. Help Reach Correct Valuation:
A financial model helps a company ascertain its correct valuation. If the company wishes to sell its stake to a third party, a financial model helps calculate the free cash flow that will accrue to the firm.
Various Career Options After Doing Financial Modeling Courses in Ahmedabad
Any candidate who aspires to carve a niche in the field of finance should take up this course. Following are the jobs one can take up after the financial modeling course.
1. Investment Banking: Investment is an important part of any corporate. After this course, one can pursue a career in investment baking. These are high-paying jobs as compared to the regular finance jobs.
2. Equity Research Analyst: This job is a very demanding career option. A candidate must prepare a financial statement that helps a bank ascertain whether it should invest in a particular sector.
3. Financial Planning and Analysis: Financial planning involves predicting the future of the company’s performance and monitoring the cash flows. In this career option, a candidate helps a company grow by assessing its performance.
4. Corporate Finance: In a company, the corporate finance team helps by performing mergers and acquisitions and raising capital. Investment bankers help the corporate finance team by advising on project finance, divestment, restructuring, and asset purchase.
5. Credit Analyst: Another high-demand job is that of a credit analyst. A candidate gets to work in credit rating agencies like CRISIL and ICRA. A credit analyst examines the financial statement and uses ratios to analyze a potential borrower’s financial history.
6. Financial Analyst: The role of a financial analyst is to make investment decisions for a company based on the financial data, historical records, and the company’s financial position.
You can also check out a few other in-demand courses in Ahmedabad
- GST Certification Courses in Ahmedabad
- Digital Marketing Courses in Ahmedabad
- Content Writing Courses in Ahmedabad
- SEO Courses in Ahmedabad
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Ahmedabad
How Can You Learn Finance Modeling?
Financial Modeling requires lots of practice to master. You learn while you work on it. Reading equity research reports is helpful as they provide a base for comparison with other companies. One of the best practices is to pick a mature company’s data, build a future model, and then calculate the net present value per share. This should compare the current share price and the target share price.
Since it is difficult to learn through self-study, many institutes provide the requisite courses for the candidates to learn the tips and tricks required while making a financial report. These institutes focus on practical implementation by giving live case studies that help candidates clear what to expect when they enter the real finance world.
Financial Modeling courses are curated, keeping in mind the latest industry trends and the updates that keep coming from time to time. In this article, we have listed some of the best institutes that prepare students well by giving them personal assistance and helping them get placements.
Top Institutes Providing Financial Modeling Courses in Ahmedabad
We will now discuss the top institutes providing Financial Modeling courses in Ahmedabad.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is a pioneer in delivering the best professional courses. They are assisting the candidates in making the right choices when taking up a career. The top faculties and industry leaders curate the Financial Modeling Course at IIM Skills to help students keep updated with the top trends in the market. The course focuses on providing knowledge through theory and practicals.
Course Duration: 3 Months
Fees: Rs. 39,900 + GST
Significant Features of Financial Modeling Course:
- Lifetime access
- Round-the-clock support
- Placement assistance by the institute
- If unsatisfied, 100% money-back guarantee
- Mentorship provided by the top-level faculty
Tools you will learn
Modules Include the Following:
- Module 1: Basics and advanced excel (8-10 hours)
- Module 2: Accounting and Financial statements (5-7 hours)
- Module 3: Ratio/KPI analysis (4-6 hours)
- Module 4: Financial modeling basics (4 hours)
- Module 5: Different financial models (12-15 hours)
- Module 6: Business Valuation (7-9 hours)
- Passed or pursuing a degree in commerce or finance-related field
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Basic excel knowledge – an added advantage
For more information about the Financial Modeling courses in Ahmedabad, the institute can be contacted on the below-mentioned details:
Phone: +91 9911839503
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Related Courses by IIM SKills
2. Knowledge Hut
Knowledge hut has been providing the best training in financial modeling, enabling candidates to develop expertise to grow in the finance world.
Benefits of Doing the Course From Finance Hut:
- The course is based on a practical exercise that helps the candidate retain what they have learned in the class.
- The concepts are taught from scratch to build a strong accounting foundation.
- The course instructors are the top industry experts with vast knowledge and expertise.
- The candidates are given a certificate of completion post, which they can post on social media sites and gain an edge over other candidates.
Highlights of the Course
- 24 hours live instructor training
- Training by industry experts
- Course completion certificate
- Practical exercise in learning concepts better
- Tips and tricks to create a robust financial model
- Mastering ms excel with rigorous hands-on training
Course Name: Financial Modeling with Excel
Module 1: Accounting Bootcamp
- Modeling architecture
- Sample detailed case
- Timeline modeling
- Revenue and CAPEX
Module 2: Financial Structure and Accounting
- Financial structure
- Debt schedule
- Cost drivers
- Dividend and tax
- Integrating the financials
- Ratio Analysis
Module 3: Extra Excel Application
- Circulatory switch and Iteration
- Simple Marcos
- Bond valuation
For further information related to Financial modeling courses in Ahmedabad, the institute can be contacted on the below-mentioned details:
Email id: email@example.com
Also Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Chandigarh
3. Mentor Me Careers
Mentor Me is the most comprehensive financial modeling course in Ahemdabad and is a one-stop solution for candidates who wish to start their career in finance. This course will train you to put your best step forward while you kick-start your finance career.
Course Name: NSE Financial Modeling course with Placement
Duration: 200 hours of training
The Course Provides 4 Learning Options.
Option 1: Self-paced Basic
- Pre-recorded videos
- 3 specializations
- Forum support
- 1-year content access
- Course certification
Fees: Rs.4,999 + GST
Option 2: Self-paced Plus+
- Personal mentorship
- 12 specializations
- Lifelong content access
- Course certification
Fees: Rs 9,999 + GST
Option 3: Live Online Basic
- Live online classes
- Personal mentorship
- 3 specializations
- Lifetime content access
- Course certification
Option 4: Live Online – Plus
- Live online classes
- Placement assistance
- 12 specialization
- Lifetime content access
- Course certification
Content Module is as follows:
- Financial Modeling Tools- Part – I
- Financial Fundamentals- Part – II
- Project Finance Modeling – Part III
- Equity research DCF Modeling – Part IV
- Placement Success Stories
- 12 specialization models
- Mergers and acquisition modeling
- Leveraged buyout LBO
- IT services
- Solar project
- Aviation business
- Ed-tech business
- Road project
- Real estate
- Start up
- Algo trading
For more information on Financial Modeling courses in Ahmedabad, the Institute can be contacted on the below-mentioned details;
You may also want to know about GST Certification Courses in Gujarat
4. Foresight School
This Financial Modeling training, provided by Foresight school, is an industry-endorsed certificate program with live online and offline classes, keeping students’ convenience in mind.
Course Name: Financial Modeling
Duration: 25-30 hours
The Topics Covered Are as Follows:
- Projected financial statements
- NPV, IRR, and other advanced financial functions
- Ratio analysis
- Capital budgeting
- Cost of capital
- Dividend discount model
- Discounted cash flow model
- Relative valuation techniques
- M&A and LBO Analysis
- Beta calculations
- Portfolio optimization
For further information related to their Financial modeling courses in Ahmedabad, the Institute can be contacted on the below-mentioned details.
5. Henry Harvin Finance Academy
Henry Harvin is a pioneer in imparting finance courses and has trainers who have 24+ years of industry experience. It boasts of its recognition as it has maintained its reputation as the best in the industry.
Career benefits after doing Financial Modeling Courses in Ahmedabad from Henry Harvin are as follows:
- Students get exposure to opportunities in equity research, Investment banking, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis, and Commercial Banking.
- Exposure to millions of jobs globally.
- Get an opportunity to be hired by big brands like Google and JP Morgan as certified financial planners.
- Be a highly paid freelancer.
- Earn a gratifying certificate from Henry Harvin
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course
Duration: 49 Hours
Module 1: MS Excel Tips
The candidate will learn about Financial modeling templates, formatting data, importing files, converting text numerically using text to column, converting data into tabular format, and identifying high-profit sales using conditional formatting.
Module 2: Financial Statement and Ratio Analysis
This module focuses on financial statements, financial reporting, balance sheets, ratio analysis of industries, DU points, and preparation of financial analysis reports.
Module 3: Financial Management and Corporate Finance
This module covers financial management and corporate finance, including time value of money, cost of capital, and measure of leverage.
Module 4: Project Financial Modeling
This module emphasizes project stages, a life of a project, cash flow waterfall, and resolving circular references.
Module 5: Equity Research Modeling
It includes understanding how to prepare Financial Statements, Analysis of revenue and costs, Project future financial statements, valuation of discounted cash flow statements, and preparing presentation sheets.
Module 6: Financial Report Writing
In this module, the candidate learns about financial report writing and introductions to different sectors like Telecom, IT, Gas and oil, etc
Module 7: Cash Flow Statements
Three statement models
- Operating cash flows
- Investing cash floes
- Financing cash flows
- Cash balance
Case study I and case study II
For further details, the Institute can be contacted on the below-mentioned details.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Kolkata
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Financial Modeling? What is the qualification requirement to opt for this course?
Financial Modeling is creating a summary related to a company’s income and expenses. It helps to ascertain a company’s financial health of a company, anticipate how a company stock will perform in the future, and compare the company with its competitors. Financial models can be used to calculate the cost of new projects, decide on a budget, and in strategic planning to test various scenarios. Even though there is no such pre-requisite for pursuing a financial modeling course, a student should have a background in mathematics, commerce, statistics, and economics, considering the complexity of the course. A student who has just completed the 12th standard can also enroll in the financial modeling course.
2. What are the best career opportunities one can look forward to after doing financial modeling course?
The financial Modeling course opens up myriads of choices for a candidate. Some of the in-demand career opportunities are as follows:
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Auditing Assistant
- Project Finance
- Corporate Developer
- Mergers and acquisitions associate
- Equity research analyst
3. What are the best institutes providing financial modeling courses in Ahmedabad?
Following is the list of institutes providing the best financial modeling courses in Ahmedabad
- IIM Skills
- Foresight school
- Mentor me careers
- Corporate Finance Institute
- Go SKills
- Super 20 training institute
4. What are the advantages of doing a Financial Modeling course?
Following are the advantages of doing financial modeling course:
- A deeper understanding of business
- Performance can be reviewed periodically
- Helps decide when and how much funds are required
- Business valuation
- Risk minimization
- Accurate forecasting
- Helps in business growth and expansion
5. Is Financial Modeling difficult?
When it comes to financing, it is tricky yet a very significant part of any organization. Understanding the financial statements and analyzing them requires expertise. The financial Modeling course helps to understand the financial statements, predict the organization’s future and make the financial plan accordingly. Financial Modeling may seem hard in the beginning. Still, with constant practice and effort, one can master the art of making great financial statements and can help a company grow manifold.
There is a huge demand for finance professionals who can deliver high-quality finance suggestions to the organization. Candidates taking financial modeling courses have the edge over others who do not have these technical skills. The best way to learn financial Modeling is by practicing it, which comes while working. One has to be constantly updated about all the new changes in the financial world, make decisions based on financial scenarios prevalent in the market and suggest to a company the strategies one can make for expansion or growth of the company.
Enrolling in a good financial modeling course is paramount, saving both time and effort involved in self-study. In this article, we tried to bring in all the related points related to the Financial Modeling Courses in Ahmedabad. Hope it proved helpful for you in choosing the right course. Happy learning!