Data analytics is currently booming and the competition here is less when compared to the other fields of work. We all are aware of the fact that data is everywhere in the work field and companies need well-skilled data professionals. It is a timely opportunity to grab by upskilling yourself that can help you land a high-paying job in less time. So, if you reside in Chennai and looking forward to upskilling yourself in this field then this article has penned down the top 4 best data analytics courses in Chennai with placement and certification.
Let us briefly discuss Data Analytics:
What is Data Analytics?
Companies collect loads of data all the time. But in its raw form, this data does not actually mean anything. This is where data analytics comes in. It is the process of analyzing raw data so that companies can pull out insights that are useful to them. In other words, data analytics is a kind of Business intelligence used to solve problems and challenges that every company faces. It is all about finding patterns in the data that can tell you about the business operations.
Skills Required To Be A Data Analyst Professional:
- SQL (Structured Query Language): SQL (Structured Query Language) is a query language used to access databases. If you are someone who wants to be a Data Analyst, then SQL is the first and foremost skill required to be one. Its main purpose is to communicate with databases and to extract data from systems. SQL can work with large data volumes and is quite faster. Due to this, you do not have to wait longer for the results.
- Excel: To interpret and examine the data, Microsoft Excel is used in data analytics. It is a valuable skill required in Data Analytics professionals. There are definitely more tools than spreadsheets when it comes to excelling to do data analytics.
- Working Knowledge Of PYTHON and R Programming Language: It is believed that whatever Microsoft excel can do, R and PYTHON programming languages can do that better and even faster. As SQL, these two programming languages can handle everything which Microsoft excel can not. To perform predictive analytics of big sets of data and advanced analysis of data, R and Python are used. It is up to the employee which language they prefer from these programming languages to analyze the data… But the knowledge of these languages is a must to be a Data Analytics Professional.
- Knowledge of Statistics: Statistical Knowledge is an important Data Analytics skill. With this knowledge, you guide your exploration and analysis and it helps you to convert the data. Also, statistical knowledge helps you to ensure the validity of your data and to keep away from common errors and logical mistakes. The necessity of statistical knowledge varies from the demand of the roles and data you are working with within the field of Data Analytics.
- Keen Problem-Solving And Critical Thinking Skills: Being in a Data Analytics profession, you have to deal with and look past the numbers too, and not just the data. For that, you must have problem-solving skills to extract information and identify the patterns from the data. Data Analysts must think deeper. Every work field faces problems, similarly, in the field of Data Analytics, your company too faces different kinds of problems like there might be a situation where your organization may have limited resources. Sharpening these two skills will for sure help you land a data analytics Job.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Communication is another important Data Analytics skill. A Data Analyst should know multiple formats of communication that include how to speak, listen, write, and explain Data findings. Even though you have all the best analytical skills in the world, you can not be a good Data Analyst without good communication skills.
- In this field, there will be many scenarios where you have to communicate with your colleagues to explain complex topics during projects and you have to present a summary in a written form explaining your analysis. For all these, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Data Visualization Skill: Apart from analyzing the data, a good Data Analyst must know how to present it in front of the audience or respective business and organization. One should have the knowledge to build eye Cathy tables, graphs, and charts of the data findings precisely to help the business in decision making. Data visualization is yet another important Data Analyst skill. Its main purpose is to create a better understanding of the analyzed data and the insights of data even for those who are not well trained and do have not much technical knowledge of this field.
If you are truly desired to land a job in Data Analytics, then find one of the best Data Analytics courses in Chennai with placement and certification.
Different Types Of Data Analytics:
There are 4 types of Data Analytics used in the work field:
- Descriptive Analytics: This type of Data Analytics mainly tells you about what happened. Here you find out insights about past events from raw data.
- Diagnostic Analytics: Once you described the insights about the past events, you find its cause and why did it happen. Diagnostic Analytics take insights from Descriptive Analytics to dig deeper to find the cause. This type of Data Analytics is also called Discovery Analytics
- Predictive Analytics: You have the description and diagnosis of ‘why this outcome’. Now you predict what will happen next. Predictive Analytics leverages historical data and trends to predict the future and outcomes.
- Prescriptive Analytics: As you have analyzed the whole situation, you can prescribe a better outcome or a different outcome if your outcome was not satisfactory earlier. Prescriptive Analytics analyzes past decisions and events to estimate the likelihood of different outcomes.
What is Data Analytics Used For?
The fact that there is data everywhere in the work field and it has an infinite amount of uses across all kinds of businesses and organizations globally, in specific terms Data Analytics is used for:
- To predict future sales or purchasing behavior
- To help and protect against fraud (security purposes)
- To analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- To boost customer acquisition and retention
- To increase supply chain efficiency
- To develop innovations, new products, and services
What Data Analyst Does?
If you are thinking about becoming a Data Analyst, you may probably be thinking or interested in knowing the roles and responsibilities that a Data Analyst has in the work field. Based on some real jobs, here are some typical roles and responsibilities one will have to undertake as a Data Analyst Professional:
- Working with business owners to develop, define success metrics and execute analytical projects, and evaluate results.
- Design, build, test, and maintain backend code.
- Managing the deliveries of user satisfaction surveys and reporting on results using data visualization tools.
- Gathering new data to answer questions of clients.
- Organize and collect data from multiple sources.
- Translating important questions into concrete analytical tasks.
- Establishing data processes, defining data quality, and criteria, and implementing data quality processes.
- Working as a part of the team to evaluate and analyze key data that will be used to shape future business strategies.
Check here for a few other best courses in Chennai
- Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chennai
- GST Certification Courses in Chennai
- Digital Marketing Courses in Chennai
- Technical Writing Courses in Chennai
- Content Writing Courses in Chennai
Different Professional Paths After Mastering Data Analytics
Data Analyst guards the data of the organization and plays the role of a gatekeeper to protect the interests of the stakeholders. Therefore they can understand the data and take data-driven decisions and come up with the right business strategies. Their responsibilities include designing databases and data systems, maintaining them, and debugging them to keep them clean from technical and logical errors.
Data mining from various sources, collecting and organizing the data in an easy-to-read format, presentable to humans and usable by machines and A.I, using tools to recognize patterns and trends, reporting, and documentation. They also work in collaboration with the developers and the management to improve the business process.
Data Scientists are those who take the data visualizations provided by the data analysts and perform a deep analysis of the visualization to find the S.W.O.T (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) of the organization. They tend to work with large data sets and come up with data-driven solutions to the problems and challenges of the business.
Apart from their technical and programming knowledge, their knowledge in statistics, math, and economics helps them in giving better solutions. They give data-driven suggestions for improvement of product development, marketing, and strategy building.
Make sure of the accuracy and efficacy of the data sources and data collection methods in use. design customized algorithms and develop data models apt for the organization and develop a testing framework to test the model and develop tools for monitoring the model accuracy and performance.
IT Systems Analyst:
They are the ones who maintain the computer-based systems of the company. Their responsibilities may mildly vary based on the system they work with but the main responsibilities are creating a computer-based system for the organization, maintaining and testing it, and keeping the system free of loopholes.
Monitoring the existing systems, software, and tools. Troubleshooting the system, providing support, providing reports, upgrading the hardware and software, and adding new technology to the existing systems. Performing design studies to optimize the systems by suggesting upgrades along with cost estimates. Most employers expect system analysts to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems.
The role of a marketing analyst is to analyze data to support the organization’s efforts and strategies in marketing. They help the organization take decisions regarding increasing revenue and optimizing marketing campaigns. A marketing analyst analyzes the marketing data to get marketing insights, trends, and patterns.
Their key responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data from websites, surveys, and sales data, Monitoring the performance of marketing campaigns and reviewing it based on results, and doing competitor analysis, and research. Skills required to become a marketing analyst are marketing, project management, and data analysis.
They study measure and evaluate financial instruments, financial markets, and market behavior. They mainly work in financial industries like commercial banks, investment banks, wealth management firms, and non-banking financial institutions. They also work in companies that make financial software and in accountancy and audit firms. The skills required are applied mathematics, statistics, economics, and finance management along with data analytics skills.
Human Resource Analyst:
They use their data analysis skills to optimize the human resource processes of the organization. They assist in solving HR-related issues, ensuring that the processes adhere to the Policies of the company. Providing advice regarding best practices based on HR policies, processes, and troubleshooting issues. Reviewing employee data regarding performance and feedback, helping with the progression and moderation of operating policies. Some skills include communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills along with data management skills.
Someone who uses data analysis in product design and optimization based on market data. Their key roles are collecting and analyzing the performance insights of products, recognizing sales trends within the product life cycle, exploring market demand, and making new product suggestions based on market data.
Discovering new opportunities in the market and projecting the cost estimates of product launches and product developments. Analyzing customer feedback and surveying potential customers to suggest improvements and optimization.
Someone who handles internal problems and analyzes them to provide solutions. The skills required are knowledge of Statistics and Operations Research. Responsibilities can be found in operational issues and concerns to be discussed with stakeholders and clients and resolving them using various modeling strategies and methods, predicting the results of each solution proposed and recommending the best solution possible backed by reports and presentations while discussing the merits and demerits and then collaborate with the team to implement the best solution possible.
To get into one of the eight professions mentioned above, you just have to be determined and upskill yourself. For that pick up one of the best data analytics courses in Chennai and get your career journey started.
Must check out the high-ranked Data Analytics Courses in Mumbai
Average Base Salaries of Different Professions After Pursuing Data Analytics Courses in Chennai;
- Data Analyst: 6 LPA
- Data Scientist: 11 LPA
- IT Systems Analyst: 8.5-9 LPA
- Marketing Analyst:8 LPA
- Quantitative Analyst: 13 LPA
- Human Resource Analyst: 5.5 – 6 LPA
- Product Analyst: 10 LPA
- Operations Analyst:14.8 LPA
Top 4 Data Analytics Courses in Chennai With Placement And Certification:
Rank# 1. Data Analysis Courses in Chennai
If you are someone with a bachelor’s degree, who wants to take data analytics courses in Chennai from the comfort of your home and get Postgraduate certification in twelve months and become job-ready, then Upgrad’s Executive Post Graduate Programme in Data Science will be the perfect fit for you.
Take data analytics as your specialization from the five different options available. Upgrad offers 24 hours student support all seven days and has dedicated career assistance departments to make you interview-ready and access to an exclusive job portal to ensure timely placement.
The skills of Predictive Analytics using Python, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Big Data, and Natural Language Processing are covered in-depth. Tools and Technologies like SQL, tableau, Hadoop, apache-spark, advanced excel, Hive, Mongo DB, and Power BI. Your search for the best Data Analytics courses in Chennai can end here with Upgrad.
The Students Will Recieve:
- Receive an IIT Bangalore-recognized certificate
- Gain IIT Bangalore alumni status
- Associate and network with Data Science professionals from various industries
- Access 400 hours of content and practice with 60 + different projects
- Personalized Industry Sessions, Career Mentorship, and interview preparation to help students land relevant jobs.
Course Duration:12 Months
Course Fee: 2,99,000 (inclusive of taxes)
Here are the best Data Analytics Courses in Delhi
Rank# 2. Data Analysis Courses in Chennai
Intellipaat offers Advanced Certification in Data Analytics for Businesses, partnered with IIT Madras. For those who are interested in learning data analytics courses in Chennai in online mode, this can be one of the best options. Topics like SQL, Data Analysis, Prediction algorithms, Data Wrangling, Data visualization, Machine Learning, R Programming, PowerBI, Time Series, Advanced Statistics, and Data Mining will be covered.
The programming languages they cover are R and Python and training is given in tools like Power Bi, Presto, SQL, and excel. Candidates with any bachelor’s degree are eligible to join the course. Weekend batches are available for working professionals and students.
They have a two-day campus immersion module at CCE, IIT Madras where learners can visit the campus and learn from the faculties in class as well as interact with their Batchmates. the campus immersion module is optional but recommended.
The Students Will Get in Data Analysis Courses in Chennai:
- Be job ready by the end of the course
- Receive an IIT Madras recognized certificate
- Associate and students
- Access 218 hours of content and learn with 30+ real projects and case studies
- Get career guidance and skill-based counseling
Course Duration:7 Months
Course Fee: 85,044
Also, look at the top Data Analytics Courses in Gurgaon
Rank# 3. Data Analysis Courses in Chennai
3. Besant Technologies
They offer data analyst courses in Chennai to help students learn how to explore, interpret, and describe data using various data analytics tools. If you are someone who is interested in learning business statistics theory then this course offers that. Then the course teaches Microsoft excel basics to advance and then helps the students master SQL, tableau, and power bi.
The step-by-step approach which covers the foundation theory to the practical implementation of methods helps to create an in-depth learning experience for the students. They issue a certificate after completion of theory and practicals which is claimed to be accredited.
They have multiple offices in various places like Velachery, Tambaram, Anna Nagar, and T Nagar to guide students wishing to learn data analytics courses in Chennai
- 30 + hours of training
- Real-world projects
- Job oriented training
- Accredited certification
Explore more about the best Data Analytics Courses in Bangalore
Rank# 4. Data Analysis Courses in Chennai
4. Greens Technologies
They offer data analytics courses in Chennai in different modes like online sessions, classroom sessions, and even one-to-one sessions based on students’ needs and choices. They also offer corporate training to companies who wish to organize. They have offices in different parts of Chennai.
Each session or class is followed by a practical session for helping students to practice. They also provide a forum for students to interact with each other and build a strong community. Apart from this, the institute offers 24x 7 support online for queries and doubts. The prices start from Rs. 10,000. The affordable fee makes Green Technologies a suitable option for you if you are searching for data analytics courses in Chennai.
- 200+ Hrs training
- 2 live projects
- Placement guidance and training
FAQs About Data Analysis Courses in Chennai
1. Is data analytics hard to learn?
It is neither hard nor easy. As high technical skills are required to learn Data Analytics. One can upskill themself by pursuing one of the best data analytics courses in Chennai.
2. What are the eligibility criteria to do data analytics courses in Chennai?
Anyone who has an analytical mindset and an interest to learn the programming languages and tools used to analyze data is eligible to do data analytics courses in Chennai. One from various educational and professional backgrounds can join data analytics courses. A basic understanding of excel, and an understanding of how various computer applications work can be an additional advantage.
3. Does data analytics require statistics and math knowledge?
Yes. Data analytics requires statistics and math knowledge. Most data analytics courses in Chennai have a module dedicated to these subjects. Hence if you are someone who doesn’t have knowledge in math and statistics, you can still learn them within the course curriculum and build a career in data analytics.
Data analytics is booming, and organizations need skilled data analysts. You can be the one if have proper guidance and the required skills. This leads to the necessity of learning data analytics through the best course from the best institute. And if you reside in Chennai looking for the best data analytics courses in Chennai, hope this article has done justice to you.