Best Data Analytics Course: Eligibility, Fees, Career Scope, Salary and More
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics can be defined as a science of examining all the data which is raw to conclude the results which come out of this raw data. It also can be defined as an interpretation of data in a very detailed manner. Many of the processes and methods of data analytics have been automatically transferred into the mechanical process and algorithms that are very helpful in interpreting the raw data so that it can be easily readable for any other human being.
Who are Data Analysts?
As explained above the definition of data analytics, this raw data which is been given to analyze and conclude in such a manner so that a meaningful conclusion can come for any other person to read is the job of the Data Analysts. The work of Data Analysts depends on various types of data they work with which can be related to sales, inventory, social media as well as other sections of the company working with them. Not only on the consolidated data together but they can also work on a specified client project.
In this whole industry, every company can benefit a lot by hiring a data analyst. They play a very big role in the growth of any company they work with. Whether it can be an industry of a healthcare center, or any retail store as well as any chain running for delivering fast food as well. The clear understanding of raw data that data analysts bring to a particular organization is very valuable as it helps employers to understand the needs of their customers.
Irrespective of any industry they work in, the job of the data analyst also includes spending time in collecting as well as analyzing data and make a report that can help the company to make out the changes required to be made for the growth of the company for a longer period.
Data analysts can also be a part of the data analysis team. Apart from collecting and interpreting data they can also be asked to train others to understand in brief about the data collection system and grow in their career as well.
Some common responsibilities as a Data Analysts?
Some of the common responsibilities that all the Data Analysts have to fulfill irrespective of whichever industry they work in, it is the same for everyone across. Let us read about some-
- Generating reports– One of the core responsibilities of a Data Analysts is to generate and maintain both the internal as well as client reports as well. This report gives the employer an insight into the management and makes necessary changes if required for the growth of the company. It is not easy as it seems. Writing a report is a very tough task. Just consolidating numbers on a blank paper and submitting them to the boss. A good data analyst is someone who also knows how to give the narration also along with the numbers so that it can be easily understandable for the management of the company. The report should be prepared in such a manner that it should be easily readable by all the employers who are not an analyst.
- Making out patterns– Data analysts are considered to be productive when they can use the data in such a manner that it is easy to read like the way a story is been read. To create relevant data, a data analyst should be able to make out the patterns for data that can be easily presented in front of the clients as well. Reports which are being published on a timely basis such as monthly, half-yearly, quarterly, this method helps a lot as it helps to analyze the data trends on a timely basis.
- Working in Teams– Generally, people think that job of the data analyst is something which is working separately with others working in the company. But this a wrong conception that people have regarding the job description of a data analyst. The core responsibility of any data analyst working is to team up with the people of the other department in the organization such as the marketing team, salespeople, and other executives as well. A data analyst is also likely to work together with employees who work in data science such as data architects and database developers as well. For working in any company communication skills is a very important factor that every employee should pursue. Working together as a team and bring out successful results for the better growth of the company as well as for yourself is equally very important.
- Accumulating Data and set a framework– The most technical part of this job profile as a data analyst includes collecting the data on his own. This means a data analyst needs to work together with web developers to clear out what data needs to be collected from them. Extracting out data that is useful for analyzing is very important. They should schedule their job routine-wise and so that without any pressure data can be taken out automatically. They have an access to certain software as well which makes their work easy and simple.
What is the difference between data analytics and data analysis?
Data being the new trend for the business growth which helps to collect the data, understanding it, and planning further for the expansion of the business, it becomes very necessary to understand the difference between data analytics and data analysis. Since both these words are used more often but both the words are completely different and equally important as well. If someone wants to grow as a data analyst then if they don’t know the difference between the two can affect the ability of an individual and it becomes very difficult for them to create reports and present them in front of the clients.
The main difference between data analytics and data analysis is in their approach as analysis means working on the data from the past and analytics means working on the future data. This is the basic difference between both of them. Now let us understand the difference between data analytics and data analysis in brief how both the approaches are important and different from each other and equally important for the business growth as well-
- Data analysis can be defined as a process of collecting, interpreting, and scrutinizing it in such a way so that all the insights can be understood by the employer easily. Data analytics can be defined as a process of taking all the analyzed data and working on it and create a meaningful report which is necessary for business growth expansion as well.
- Data analysis is a process wherein it helps to create a business plan, taking all the data which is not been used in the past or even which has been used to determine what was expected out of the product or the service a company is offering in the market. Data analytics is a process wherein past data is used to create opportunities and strategies as well for the future. It also helps business to grow by also reducing the cost, risks related to it and helps to take decisions which is right for the industry or company they are working in.
- In data analysis, the professionals use all the micro as well macro-economic factors as well as statistical data to create an in-depth conclusion of the report created. In data analytics, they use different types of models which are produced so that the competition can be beaten easily in the marketplace they are working in.
- Tools that are used for data analysis include Rapid Miner, KNIME, Node XL, Google fusion table, etc. While in data analytics tools that are used include Python, SAS, Apache Spark, Excel, etc.
However, both data analysis and data analytics both are very important to understand because one is used for gaining in-depth knowledge about what happened in the past by analyzing the data while the other helps evaluate what will happen in the future. This is because it helps an employer to make decisions about the future growth and opportunities in the companies as well.
What is the difference between Data Analyst and Data Scientist?
While everyone in their mind must be thinking about another important role which is a Data Scientist. Though their job roles can be something that might overlay each other. But there is a huge difference between data analysts and data scientists as well as on their job roles as well. Let us study the difference between both of them in details-
- Should have decent mathematical and statistical skills.
- Should have strong business sense.
- Should have basic knowledge about computer science and have coding skills as well.
- Should be able to determine key performance indicators.
- Create conclusions of the data provided which is easily readable to the employers.
- Using tools given to them for business growth.
- Should have moderate mathematical and statistical skills.
- Should have strong business acumen.
- Should have basic knowledge about computer or coding as well.
- Should be able to identify trends as well.
- Make predictions for the future from the data provided to them.
- Writing code to assist data analysis as well.
Although, the strengths and the background of data analytics and data science are different their job profiles are similar to each other. Therefore, their role can be exchanged interchangeably with each other depending on the situation and for the company or industry they are working in.
Also Read: Best Computer Courses After 12th Science
Types of Data analytics-
If we go into the core then data analytics is all about answering all the doubts and questions and making decisions thereafter. Just the way there are a different set of questions there are different types of data analytics as well depending on what we are trying to achieve. To distinguish the types, then there are four types of data analytics which includes-
- Descriptive analytics answers What has happened.
- Diagnostic analytics answer Why did something happen.
- Predictive analytics answers What is about to happen and
- Prescriptive analytics answer what action should be taken.
Data analytics Examples-
If we look from outside then we can see that careers in the technology field seem like that everyone is working on some different and innovative project that helps to shape our future as well. While this can be true sometimes but it is equally important to remember that many careers related to this technology field have implications in our lives practically as well.
The job profile of data analytics is something that is changing the whole industry from the manufacturing sector to a complete marketing sector. Technologies and methods used in data analytics are so commonly used that it enables industries and organizations to make decisions which are important for their career growth.
We all have a brief idea about how our career in technology is important but still, the clarity is not there on how data analytics is helping in shaping the future of organizations as well.
Some of the stimulating examples of Data analytics are as follows-
- Expanding the career of the health care sector- All the health care sector across the world is using data analytics to provide high-quality care so that improve the health of the customers rapidly. With the help of electronic data analysis health care system has created data-based innovations and advanced technology in the medical field.
- Overcoming climate change in the local communities- Many local governments have been assigned to take care of the climate change in the local communities assigned to them. With the help of data analytics, their work is becoming easy day by day. By providing transparent data analysis of reports such as on the amount of water usage, electricity usage, energy uses helps the people of the local communities as well as the local governments to plan accordingly.
- Disclosing trends for research establishments- Institutions and organizations that research with the help of the poll system, rely on data analytics to find the pattern of the results published. Data analytics plays a very important role in the poll system, conducting surveys, collecting public opinion, etc.
- Putting an end to the hacker world- In these modern times, hacking data has become a very easy job for people to do. This is where data analytics comes into the picture and plays a very important role. Data analytics is also known as security analysts helps professionals as well as business people to keep their data safe and secured. In this process of data analytics, data is gathered, interpreted, along with creating and improvising security theft so that the data prepared is safe and secure.
- Providing customers with products and services which are useful to them- Data analytics is defined as a process wherein a report is prepared after consolidating all the data collected together and provide in-depth knowledge of the products and services offered to the customers. Also, make necessary changes if required for the growth of the company as well.
Data Analyst courses-
There are many Data analyst Courses available for anyone to pursue this career in this field. Some of the data analyst courses are as follows-
- Name of the program- Post Graduate Programme in Business Analytics
Duration- 230 hours of classroom session and 110 hours of the online session
College offering course- Great lakes institute of Management.
2. Name of the program- Certified program in Business Analytics
Duration- Alternative classes and 3 to 6 months of projects.
College offering course- Indian school of business, Hyderabad.
3. Name of the program- Certificate program on business analytics and Intelligence.
Duration- 1 year
College offering Course- IIM, Bangalore.
4. Name of the program- Certificate program in business analytics for executives.
Duration- 1 year
College offering Course- IIM, Lucknow.
5. Name of the program- Executive program in Business analytics.
Duration- 10 months to 1 year
College offering course- IIM, Calcutta.
6. Name of the program- Postgraduate program in business analytics
Duration- Classroom session of 500+ hours along with extra hours for projects and case studies.
College offering course- Praxis Business School.
Eligibility and fee structure to pursue Data analyst Course-
- In the field of Information Technology and Management, a course in a data analyst or data scientist is considered to be an advanced level of course for which the best diploma and certification course is been provided.
- To pursue this course, one must secure at least 60% in their graduation field preferable in subjects related to Information technology subjects.
- One should also have a degree in one of the following subjects to pursue a career in the field of data analytics which includes-
- Computer Science
- The Data Analyst course also requires good knowledge as well as experience in the field of data interpretation. Therefore, an experience of 3 to 4 years is also required for some of the courses to pursue this as a career option.
Different colleges and institutions charge different types of fees from the candidates depending on the type of certification course pursued. Some colleges also provide EMI systems as well so that they can be easily paid for by the students. Therefore, a candidate needs to go through the website of the college in detail to know about the eligibility and the fee structure before applying for the course.
Job opportunities available as a Data analyst-
A data analyst can be defined as a research profile that plays a very important role in the business growth of the company. It also helps the company to take a major decision as well. Since the development of this role is required centrally, therefore, a career in this field seems to be very bright for someone who wants to pursue their career in this field. As per the research different cities like Delhi, Mumbai alone have job offers of approximately 35,000 job offers in the field of a data analyst. Therefore, the growth in this career field is more than in any other field. There are several data analyst jobs that one can choose to pursue. Some of the jobs in which they can apply are as follow-
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineering
- Product Manager
- Data Scientist.
- Digital Marketing Manager.
After completing a post-graduation program or certifications program one can expect a salary starting from 10 lacs. But salaries of a data analyst can vary from city to city. Any individual also having experience of working in this field for almost 10-12 years can expect a salary of approximately 25 lacs per annum.
Q. What is Data Analytics Course?
Ans- As the name suggests, a data analytics course is basically a resource that will guide you through the skills of analyzing raw data and deriving conclusions that can be of some help to the business.
Q. What are the skills required to become a data analyst?
Ans- To become a data analyst, one needs to have a good understanding of mathematics, knowledge of programming languages such as MySQL, Oracle, and Python. On top of all, there are some basic data analyzing skills and qualities that the candidate may learn.
Q. What is the job of a data analyst?
Ans- The job of a data analyst is to collect data and interpret data to derive some useful information through it. The derived conclusions are usually put into use for business development and operation.
In the coming times, data analytics will play a very important role with the updated technology. Their role across the industries as well as the companies is very important as it helps to secure the data. Prepare reports by collecting past and future data and presenting it in such a way to the employers of the company so that it provides deep insights simply. It not only helps to prepare the reports but also helps to enlighten the future predictions as well so that decisions can be taken for the future growth of the company. As explained above the role of the data analyst the demand and the career options in this field tends to increase with the changing modern technology. The growth in this career option also helps to learn a lot and grow as well as it develops the communication skills as well as an ability to work as a team too.