Choosing between BCA vs Btech is a tough call to make, since both the course presents a good set of opportunities and are very professional. So, it’s difficult to pick one, instead, we can compare the details and the students may then choose a course based on the detailed comparison.
Introduction to Bachelor of Computer Science (BCA)-
With the tremendous advanced technology and huge growth in MNCs company, as well as IT sectors, the demand for professionals who are experts in the computer is also huge and it is increasing day by day. Therefore, choosing a career option in the field of computers who are attracted towards learning computers, going for BCA i.e., Bachelor of Computer science is the best option for them.
The course duration of BCA is three years comprising of the undergraduate program which comprises of providing detailed information related to information technology and Computer applications as well. This course also gives in detail knowledge about different types of computer applications and to study about on how to solve problems and give solutions which are related to computers and different types of applications which are used in it.
Subjects covered in this course include Java, C++, different programming languages, structuring the data, networking, and other subjects as well. After completing the course of bachelor of computer applications any candidate will have enormous opportunities who want to work in the fields of the IT sector as well as in software companies in the future.
With time this course has gained a lot of popularity and it is already in huge demand that is the reason this course is available for candidates who wish to pursue either through regular course or through distant programs whichever suits them as per their schedule and choice as well. This course usually comprises six semesters in total and candidates can choose any type of program as per their capabilities as well.
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)- Course details: –
Some of the important information related to the Bachelor of computer application are as follows-
- Name of the course- Bachelor of computer application
- Duration of the course- 3 years
- Minimum eligibility criteria- Any students appearing for it should score at least an aggregate of 50% marks in their 12th standard.
- Entrance exams are required to pursue BCA- PESSAT, LUCSAT BCA, KIITEE BCA, IPU CET BCA.
- Admission procedure to pursue BCA- Some of the institutes take admissions based on merit that is the marks obtained to qualify for the exam. While some of the institutes take admissions based on the entrance level exams given at the national level, state level, or institute level.
- Fee structure- It varies from the different institutes. Approximately it is between INR 30,000 to 50,000.
- Option to obtain scholarship- Students who belong to the categories which are considered to be reserved or even belong to the categories which are considered economically weaker than they are eligible for scholarship programs that can be given by state government schemes. Some of the institutes also provide scholarship opportunities based on marks been scored in the merit examination.
- Internship opportunities- In India there are enormous internship opportunities available to pursue after completing a course of Bachelor of computer applications.
- Salary expectation- Average salary which a fresher can expect after completing the course is between INR 2.5 lacs to 3 lacs.
- Career opportunities available- There are many career options available after completing this course which includes the following-
- As a teacher or a lecturer in any college or institution
- As a computer programmer
- Candidates can choose to become software developers as well.
- As a marketing manager
- As a business consultant
- As a finance manager
- As a computer business analyst
- As a computer support analyst
- As a service support specialist
Eligibility criteria to pursue Bachelor of computer applications (BCA)-
To pursue a course of Bachelor of computer applications any candidate needs to fulfill some of the criteria to be eligible for it. Let us know about it in detail-
- Any candidate applying for it should clear their 12th exams in any stream from a recognized board or university.
- A candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks in their exams.
- Any candidate who is into their final year can also apply for admission in Bachelor of computer science.
Syllabus covered under this course-
There are different subjects which are been covered in each of the years which includes the following-
- For year 1 it includes-
- Business studies
- Knowledge about organizational structure
- Statistics elements
- Cost accounting
- Details about computer laboratory
- Basic structure and concepts of database management
- About C programming language
- Management principles
- Practical projects.
- For year 2 it includes-
- Accounting management
- Different types of networking
- Different types of numerical methods
- About management of human resources.
- About basics of visual knowledge
- For year 3 it includes-
- Core knowledge about java scripts
- Details about advanced java
- Knowledge about Frameworks NET
- About internet programming
- Practical training
- About computer laboratory
- Different types of multimedia systems
- Different types of operating systems.
Different career options available after completing the Bachelor of computer science course (BCA)-
As we studied before the demand for BCA is all across the world whether we take India or abroad into consideration. After the increasing dependency on technology, there are many MNCs who have invested in India hunts for people who are considered to be experts and professionals in the field of computers. Across all the IT sectors or software development companies need for a computer professional is increasing day by day.
Therefore, for any candidate who pursues their interest in their field and is also attracted towards computers and different usage of applications then this can be one of the best options for them to pursue. With updated times, there are many applications which are used in different types of computers, therefore, working in the IT sector can always be challenging and will also provide them an opportunity to learn something new every day along with the growth of the company as well.
Introduction to Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) –
B . Tech which is also known as Bachelor of Technology is a course with a duration of full 4 years program which includes training about different areas of technology and engineering as well. This course is structured to enhance the technical skills of candidates who wish to work in the field of pure technology and development sector. This course usually comprises of providing both practical as well as theoretical knowledge too.
Students are also given opportunities to work in the practical field and learn how different types of hardware and software works in different types of fields and situations. After completing the course of Bachelor of technology, any candidate apart from the field of engineering also has a wide option of working in different fields such as Data analysis, Information technology, and indifferent management and consultancy sectors as well. If a candidate pursues good technical skills then they also have an option of working in public sector undertakings and also pursue different government jobs.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)- Course details-
Some of the important points related to the B. Tech course are as follows-
- Name of the course- Bachelor of technology
- Duration of the course- 4 years
- Specialization courses available- There are many specialization courses which are available that includes the following-
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Computer science engineering
- Chemical engineering etc.
- Entrance exam required to pursue this course- There are options of many entrance exams which includes the following-
- BITSAT etc.
- Minimum eligibility criteria- A candidate should pass their 12th standard with any stream or with a science stream along with the specialization in Biotechnology and biochemical engineering as well.
- Other entry options available- Candidates who have cleared their diploma in Engineering or who have cleared polytechnic successfully can get admission directly into the second year of the course.
- Consolidated courses- After completing their bachelor’s degree in this course candidates can choose to do a master’s as well and pursue further for better options.
- Admission procedure- It is done either based on merit level exams or the basis of entrance level exams given by the candidate.
- Average fees- It can be approximately between INR 40,000 to 50,000 annually depending upon institutes to institutes.
- Internship opportunities- Nowadays, AICTE has started offering internship opportunities to students which have also become important for final year students to pursue. Some of the private colleges like NITs, IITs also offer internship options in the second year of B.Tech only.
Eligibility Criteria to pursue Bachelor of Business Technology-
Below are the details of eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill to pursue this course-
- The minimum qualification required is to clear class 12th exams successfully.
- The average passing percentage should be between 50 to 70% which may vary from college to college.
- Some of the colleges also have eligibility criteria of age limit. So, the candidate should go through all the details before applying.
- While taking admission into any particular college or university a candidate should show all their necessary original documents and mark sheets which are important to be presented in front of them.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)- Admission procedure in detail:
- Admission to the B. Tech course is done based on the engineering entrance exams which need to be cleared by the candidate applying for it.
- Some of the colleges or institutes also take admissions based on the results scored in the exams like JEE Main and JEE advanced level.
- Admission to the colleges which come under a particular state can be done by clearing their state-level entrance exams.
- Many private institutes also take admissions based on their exams such as VITEE, BITSAT, SRMJEE, etc.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)- Syllabus covered under the course-
Mathematics of engineering level is considered to be the most important subject of this course in India. Moreover, other subjects covered may vary from different specialization options taken by the candidates wherein covering the concepts of physics and mathematics at a basic level is very common amongst all the specialization options taken by them. For example, some of the subjects covered in Electrical engineering and communication engineering are also the same.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)- Career options available:
Tech is considered to be a widely demanded career option across the world. With the growing technology in this modern world in almost every field, opportunities for candidates pursuing this course are tremendous. Any candidate having good technical skills can easily crack up interviews. Salary offered in the industry may vary from company to company.
Some of the best packages offered are between Rs. 8 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs. Some of the firms that operate overseas can also offer a salary up to Rs. 1 crore. In many other sectors salary can also vary from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs 12 lakh per annum. The salary offered also depends on the college from where a candidate has passed. A pass out from a top B. Tech college will be offered a good salary package in comparison to other students who have cleared from other technical colleges.
Some of the career options available are as follows-
- Communication engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Mining engineer
- Electronics engineer
- Computer engineer etc.
BCA vs BTech- Which one to choose?
It becomes difficult for many candidates on which option to choose after clearing their class 12th examination if they want to pursue their career ahead in the field of technology. BCA and B. Tech are two different career options available with different duration of the program and both are degree options for any candidate. The importance of both the courses is difficult hence to get the clarity between both the courses to let us know the difference between them in details-
- Duration of the course-
As we read before, that BCA is a three-year undergraduate program while B. Tech is a four-year undergraduate program. So, if we compare both of them candidate gets an opportunity of learning a year extra in B. Tech course which covers subjects been taught in more detail.
- Fees of both the courses-
The comparison regarding the fees of both the courses is negligible as it is different from college to college. Some of the colleges charge a higher fee while some of the colleges offer lower fees. Since the duration of the BCA course is less, therefore, the fees of this course will be lesser as compared to B. Tech.
- Career options available-
Career opportunities available in the industry for the candidates wholly depend on their abilities and skills and not on the course which they have taken. It depends on their performance as well. If we study BCA then it is mostly related to the study of the computer applications while the areas covered in B. Tech are wide than BCA. Apart from this, there are many career options available in both fields. Since both the field is related to technology and as we know that demand of the technology is increasing day by day so the demand of the candidates pursuing any of the course is also huge.
- Specialization options were available-
As we read before that specialization options available in the field of BCA are less in comparison to B. Tech. In the course of BCA, it offers hardly 4 to 5 specialization options while in the course of B. Tech there is a huge number of specialization options available in various fields.
- Eligibility Criteria-
One of the most important differences that usually a candidate ignores is the eligibility criteria to pursue these courses. One of the most important factors is that if a candidate wants to pursue a course of BCA, then he or she should be a 12th pass out from any stream such as commerce, arts, or science. But if a candidate wants to pursue B. Tech, then a candidate should clear their 12th examination in the science stream only. Any student from another stream other than science cannot pursue a B. Tech course.
- Salary package-
Since the demand for both the course is huge so the comparison of salary between both the courses is difficult. It may vary from company to company or from person to person and the skills which they are offering. As read individually about both the courses above salary package offered in the field of B. Tech is high in comparison to BCA as B. Tech deals with a wide coverage of many fields while BCA covers only the study of computer applications in detail.
Q. Is BCA equal to engineering?
Ans- The BCA is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications for a duration of 3 years. After completing BCA, a student can go for MCA which is a master course in computer application and is considered equivalent to an engineering course (B. Tech).
Q. Can BCA students do BTech?
Ans- Definitely, we can do B. Tech after BCA but I’ll suggest do MCA, MBA or any post-graduation program after BCA as it’s market demand and it’ll upgrade your cv for better opportunities. As B. Tech is concerned, you can do studies for B.
Q. Is BCA good for the future?
Ans- It is very good for a person who further wants to make his/her future in the field of computer programming and software development. A person with a BCA degree can easily get a job in a big IT company. A BCA student can also go for further studies like for MCA or MBA. It is worth doing if u do it from a good college.
It is difficult for a third person to decide for anyone which course suits them best. As already mentioned, there are various options available to pursue after class 12th. But in the field of technology, two options are available to the students. After going through both the courses in detail it wholly depends on the skills and the talent that a candidate has to be successfully pursuing the course.
The salary package offered is considered to be one of the important factors while choosing any course but one must remember that the salary package does not depend on what course you are selecting rather it depends on what qualities and talent you have to pursue and showcase in front of the recruiters. Therefore, after considering all the factors and details mentioned above it is students’ own decision on which course needs to have opted for their future growth.
This was little from a lot about BCA vs Btech, a brief comparison that would help students make a choice more precisely based on true facts and information about the courses.